I love you guys so much!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Now that I've got your attention. Does anyone know how or if amplitude is related to wavelength and/or frequency?

I don't know for sure, but my brain tells me that it isn't related.

Frequency and wavelenght are related, but the amplitude kind of means "the power" of the wave.

No, it isn't. Wavelength and frequency are corelated but amplitude is just the 'strength' or 'height' of a wave....Otherwise a voice would change pitch as you turned up the volume...:D

Now, who can teach me how to read the questions properly? :retard"

That is prolly all I'll take. I don't think anything else i required.

Nixy said:
That is prolly all I'll take. I don't think anything else i required.

For engineering?? Are you serious? I had to take three semesters of the crap... well, I dropped out halfway through that last semester, but still... :eh:

Nixy said:
Depends on the type of engineering

I was in Civil Engineering, which was just a step above being a construction worker in the eyes of the ME's and EE's. I'm not sure why we had to have all that Chem, but I didn't enjoy it. It got harder as it became more esoteric, and my interest dropped to nil. :(

What kind of engineering are you studying? I think you told me before but I can't remember now.

The funny thing is I was Math... Went to Computer Science, then to Math Business then to Civil Engineering, and now to Electrical Engineering. heh

The GRAND hierarchy at University of Waterloo:

Electrical Engineering
System's Design Engineering

Computer Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Geological Engineering
Software Engineering
Civil Engineering
---
Computer Science (math)
Any other mathies
---
Any art student

:D

I am thinking about civil

I dunno....I might have to chem, didn't think I did though...

Jerrek said:
The funny thing is I was Math... Went to Computer Science, then to Math Business then to Civil Engineering, and now to Electrical Engineering. heh

The GRAND hierarchy at University of Waterloo:

Electrical Engineering
System's Design Engineering

Computer Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Geological Engineering
Software Engineering
Civil Engineering
---
Computer Science (math)
Any other mathies
---
Any art student

:D

Yup, that's what ours is like too. I am doing the top three, lol. 28 hours a week plus coursework - it sucks. :(

I am now considering Eng Phys though (I think I have gone batty or something, I really do)

Back