I need a book...

Right now I have two tanks. The one in the living room is a 10 gallon tank that I've had set up for 3 months or so.

In that tank I have 3 glass fish and a very large sucker fish. (like I could spell their actual name)

Originally their were 3 painted glass fish, the sucker fish and a red beta. But the painted glass fish had ick (though the guy at the pet store assured me it wasn't) and when the beta finally got sick I realized he was wrong and treated the tank. But the painted glass fish all died w/in 24 hours of treatment.

So I bought 5 regular glass fish to go in the tank. But it wasn't long before they got sick too. I found out yesterday the store where I was getting the fish from has had a problem getting sick glass fish. The beta wasn't strong enough to fend off ick again and died. The biggest of the glass fish killed two of the others.

It's all very tragic.

The second tank is only 2.5 gallons, and houses a blue beta and a sucker fish. They be doin fine.

I also keep live plants in both tanks.

So, I do have some experience in keeping fish. I was just really interested in reading the book for background info and any ideas it had that I may not of thought about.

That's cool, does sound like you know your stuff. Sorry for underestimating you!!

One thing that really pisses me off is when people overload a small tank. Like having 10 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank or worse, a fishbowl with no filtration.

I had a few bettas myself for a while, they're beautiful and so friendly. The fish store I went to was good at keeping their fish healthy but when I saw how the bettas were packed to be shipped to the pet stores, I felt so bad for them. They were in little zip lock bags barely bigger than the fish, with a little water in them and they were all thrown in a big box. :grumpy:

I didn't know much about overloading fish in a tank. But when I first started setting up this tank they told me the equation was somthing like one fish per gallon water, or for larger fish, 1 inch of fish per gallon.

I'll try to take some pictures of my tank and post them in the near future. I kinda had a theme in mind when I set this up. Personally I think the tank came out beautiful. But it's rather empty right now.

Once the recent sickness clears up I'll get some more of the glass fish and re add a new beta.

I'll probably take the pictures at that point.

[b said:
]No thank you very much.

I took me two times to get halfway through "The Fountainhead". Ayn Rand = brain surgery w/out painkillers.

You trying to rile Ards up or something??? :eek:

Actually, I'm listening to Atlas Shrugged right now (I've read it two or three times). I got an unabridged version on mp3 - it's easier in some ways to listen than to read. Doesn't hurt my eyes as much for one thing.

thanks unc!

i'd looked several places and only found it used for much more than that.

i guess i was too quick about that...neither of the stores from that link had the book, just the price.

oh well, i was able to check it out from the library, had some good info, but not much i didn't already know.

thanks for everybody's help.

Anyone who goes 24 hours without a felony is just not alive. Hes already flirting with 20 to life for just giving his b/f a kiss on the cheek... whats another 6 months for copyright infringement?

nah... It doesnt work if you like it. Its more of a fear, intimidation thing to break the will of the weak. It you play along without batting an eye it just confuses them.

Janimal said:
You trying to rile Ards up or something??? :eek:

Ironic that I would pick today to visit the forum...

If you're looking for a quote for your sig file, sweety, how about:

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man nor ask another man to live for mine." --Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

nah... It doesnt work if you like it. Its more of a fear, intimidation thing to break the will of the weak. It you play along without batting an eye it just confuses them.

You speak as if you know...

fear... intimidation... breaking the weak...being tough. These things are not in the Godfather? :eh: It need not be direct prison rape to useful as a base lesson.

Back