i saw the new $20 bill yesterday.

i saw a tv commercial for it....why the hell do we need a tv commercial for the only fucking currency in the country? waste of tax dollars....i mean, shit, it's not like people aren't going to use the damn things....

s-3f8a26dbdd4ee-43-1.jpg

it's so ugly that... looking for a joke

They blanket advertise the change so that merchants and the citizenry will be aware that there is something else out there other than ye olde greenbacks. Lord knows the general look has only been altered once in my 34 years.... but this is the first time that they've ventured from the green/black motif. If I were an unaware merchant and someone handed me one of those peach bills, I would probably call the cops and chase him off with a bat. Its all just designed to circumvent the short term hostility and confusion so that people don't get killed at the poker table. I just wonder if current bill validators for change machines and whatnot can recognize them.

It'll prbably take a while before the change machines catch up. When we got the Twonie up here, it took almost 1 year before the majority of coke machines took them. There are still some machines that won't take the Twonie.

Damn. I want a few of those $20s from Canadia, too!! :D I think my spending habits would turn to saving habits. :D

Rose said:
Damn. I want a few of those $20s from Canadia, too!! :D I think my spending habits would turn to saving habits. :D
Isn't that the truth? I wouldn't want to give those 20's up. ;)

It doesn't look that bad, besides, different bills should have different colours :D

Here's a joke:

It's so ugly, Medusa is scared! :D

Really, though, I don't care if my money's ugly or pretty. I just care that it's worth twenty bucks.

i saw it the other day

wtf is up with the little 20's all over the back

fuck it looks like my little sister designed it

it's Toonie and on another note...americans always made fun of our "funny money". Looks like you guys are getting some pretty funny money yourself!

unclehobart said:
They blanket advertise the change so that merchants and the citizenry will be aware that there is something else out there other than ye olde greenbacks. Lord knows the general look has only been altered once in my 34 years.... but this is the first time that they've ventured from the green/black motif. If I were an unaware merchant and someone handed me one of those peach bills, I would probably call the cops and chase him off with a bat. Its all just designed to circumvent the short term hostility and confusion so that people don't get killed at the poker table. I just wonder if current bill validators for change machines and whatnot can recognize them.

Not too mention how easy it would be to pass faked currency if no one knew exactly what the new stuff looked like ,only that there was different looking cash coming out.

Philly said:
wtf is up with the little 20's all over the back

definitely my least favorite part.
like, little random "20"'s fucking scattered everywhere.

even more stupid than the idea that they're even ont here...
is the thought...

that at some point, someone acuallty thought it would be a GOOD idea.

Back