I think I broke it.

i got that a few minutes ago i told it to refresh. its working fine now but i wonder what was up with the message?

Too many people viewing the board at the same time, and possibly a few people are trigger-happy with their refresh buttons.

I can't believe MySQL falls over with 20 viewers. This is funny beyond belief that they call it a database. :rofl2:

ok, mr smartass, you know damn well just as i do that it's NOT the database itself that is causing it. now stop bitching about the hosting and the used databases. maybe you prefer oracle, fine. they use mysql. mysql CAN handle more than 20 users at the time, they can handle hundred of THOUSANDS of users at the time, that's why NASA uses it as well on some occasions.
it's stable enough, and reliable, and the reason there is a maximum number of users is because they want to reduce server load.

but a smart guy like you could have figured that out as well :headbang:

Shadowfax said:
ok, mr smartass, you know damn well just as i do that it's NOT the database itself that is causing it. now stop bitching about the hosting and the used databases. maybe you prefer oracle, fine. they use mysql. mysql CAN handle more than 20 users at the time, they can handle hundred of THOUSANDS of users at the time, that's why NASA uses it as well on some occasions.
it's stable enough, and reliable, and the reason there is a maximum number of users is because they want to reduce server load.

but a smart guy like you could have figured that out as well :headbang:

:rofl:

On a well-configured server, MySQL is good for up to 800+ concurrent connections. On a poorly configured server, even the beefiest of hardware can perform like crap. This particular server falls into the latter category.

As for the parse error in the shoutbox, I did that, while trying to optimize the queries there. I merged usernames into the shoutbox table so it wouldn't have to join the shoutbox table and the user table every time it was accessed (number of shouts per page * number of users, then add for the leaderboard, number of leaders * number of users... that's how many calculations MySQL had to do every time the shoutbox was accessed)

Back