I think I just did something dumb

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I was out of dishwasher soap, and lazy, so I put Borax and a smidge of Dawn in there. In hindsight, I think maybe this ain't gonna turn out well.

I guess my floors'll be clean?

dare I dream? Still no suds! I guess I got the quantity mix right. Cooooooooooooool.

I think I won't risk it again but in desperation though.

Y'know. Most people would have stopped the cycle, and just done them by hand rather than take the chance.

Professur said:
Y'know. Most people would have stopped the cycle, and just done them by hand rather than take the chance.

Or gone to the store and bought what they needed.

:lol: I guess I should've preventatively moved the Guinea Pig out of the kitchen.

All is well, and WOW I'm impressed. Borax > Dishwasher soap. I love Borax.

Leslie said:
:lol: I guess I should've preventatively moved the Guinea Pig out of the kitchen.

All is well, and WOW I'm impressed. Borax > Dishwasher soap. I love Borax.

that reminds me,I've gotta pick up some Tang for the dishwasher,to remove the stains caused by the hard water .

Les, have you found Arm and Hammer Washing soda out your way? Apparently it makes for a great rust remover when combined with a car battery charger, but damned if I can find it here.

We do have it here. I only buy the liquid but there is the powder too.
Want some? Is it weird to mail laundry soap?

I'm definitely throwing Borax in there every load from now on. Screw Jet-Dry.

Les, A bunch of metalheads were discussing rust repair for automotive parts on a welding site. Do you really think any of us were about to get into comparing brands? They said A'n'H washing soda. Apparently baking soda will reduce the entire part to funny tasting water under an electrical charge. The washing soda electrolizes the rust. I've no idea how any other brand might react, but given that I'm not a big fan of hydrogen explosions in my back yard, I usually try to stick to exactly what I'm told works.

I'm not totally done looking here. I was more curious if it was a US only thing. We'll be openning the cottage soon, so Hawkesbury is only a hour away. If you can get it, the Independant there should stock it too.
Thanks tho.

Back