i think i've discovered..

Dave

..the secret of light ice cream.

it freezes solid so you end up either working off the calories getting it out of the container before you eat it or you just give up and save the calories.

Light ice cream? Sounds...insidious....kinda like light mayo or fat free sour cream. Not to be trusted, I tell you!

yeah. it ranks up there with alcohol free beer and decaf coffee but i'm not willing to give up ice cream just yet

Try sorbet! Or sherbert!
Ben & Jerry's makes this stuff called Jamaica me crazy which is terrific. Pineapple and passion fruit and it's just about fat free.
That being said I am not an ice cream addict so I may not be the best judge but the kids love it.

sorbet and sherbert are good, just not the same.
i'll have to try that Ben & Jerry's. sounds good.
i got spoiled over the years will all the homemade ice cream places around here. one of the best ones is only about 10 minutes from my house.

Dave said:
sorbet and sherbert are good, just not the same.
i'll have to try that Ben & Jerry's. sounds good.
i got spoiled over the years will all the homemade ice cream places around here. one of the best ones is only about 10 minutes from my house.

Well if your trying to give up icecream ,you may have to consider moving.

fergit aboot all that either start saving for a by-pass
or live some deprived life and end up getting one anyway

My grandmother cooked the old fashioned way.. Butter, Lard, Bacon Grease, & Pan Drippings Gravy :)
She lived to be 96 and never had heart problems.
<can still smell Saturday morning breakfast coming from the kitchen>:beardbng:

Kruz said:
My grandmother cooked the old fashioned way.. Butter, Lard, Bacon Grease, & Pan Drippings Gravy :)

I have heard stories like that. It makes one wonder...

Kruz said:

had an aunt like that, she also smoked a pack a day, my hero

Kruz said:
I've said it before, but it's not in the medical community's best interest for people to be healthy. I think they make the shit up more than half the time.

chcr said:
I've said it before, but it's not in the medical community's best interest for people to be healthy. I think they make the shit up more than half the time.

medical community, yes.
pharmacutical companies, no

I'd rather eat like Kruz's Grannie than eat all these strange chemicals, hormones, and preservatives. They scare me.

doctors also get paid as consultants and for regular checkups.
doctors have more sick patients than they can handle. which is why they throw pills at everything. its in the pharmacuticals best interest if more people are sick.

Not always so. GP's get paid for preventative medicine too. Flu shots, yearly tests, birth control etc.

tonksy said:
Not always so. GP's get paid for preventative medicine too. Flu shots, yearly tests, birth control etc.

Flu shots = nurses

Tests = outside labs

Birthcontrol= Must be a women thing ,I used to buy mine at the Drugstore.

Back