I was such an idiot!!

greenfreak

Last night I was looking for my old notebooks from computer school and I found an old diary that I kept when I was 19. I was such a freakin idiot!

Back then, I thought I had a long term relationship with this guy but looking back, it was really just a string of one night stands. I was totally clingy and needy and he pushed me away, taking days to call me, not acknowledging things like Valentine's Day and our anniversary, cheated on me. But I persisted. Waaaah I love you so much why do you hurt me again and again waaaaaah. :rolleyes:

But I would never have listened anyone tell me how pathetic I was. As a matter of fact, I had written that... That 'someone' (I didn't specify who, but whoever they were, they were a lot smarter than I was) had asked me if it was really worth persuing a relationship with this guy who treated me like crap. I probably thought they were crazy. Or just old. ;)

I was embarrassed to read it, right up till the point I threw it in the garbage. It's whacked the way you remember things and then years later look back on them and have a completely different outlook. I'll probably be saying the same thing in another 12 years. It's just the way they say, hindsight is 20/20.

This is probably a question for the older folks, but have you ever looked back on your younger years and realized how clueless you were? What about?

I was clueless about life, the universe, and everything.

didn't know my ass from my elbow, thought being dead by 30 was a noble jesture.

I was self centered, and a totally arrogant asshole. (some things never change)

I though being treated like shit was a good relationship, thatnk god for uki chick for curing me of that one.

Well I am not that old, but I know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed. I spend money I don't have like water, with no intention of saving up for the future. That's gonna come back to bite me in the ass.

On another note, grab that diary out and scan some of the "juicy" pages so that we can all feast on your impetuous youth! :evilcool:

ummm gf..... a one night stand means you never see the person again. it would be more like a fuck buddy or friend with benefits or something like that ;)

and yes. i thought i was in love wiht Bethe, but in the end i agree wiht her that she adn I are much better as friends, i didnt know that people could have sex w/out being in love until i lost my viriginity at 18.

Yeah, I'm seeing it all come back here lately. Not through an old diary, but in my kids. My oldest daughter is 15 now and has had the same boyfriend for over a year now. To her, it's the most important thing in the world, and I remember feeling just like that about my girlfriend. So, do I tell her that in ten years it won't matter, or let her figure it out on her own. By the way, I know the answer, cause even if I do tell her, she won't believe me, as I wouldn't have beiieved anyone when I was there either.

paul_valaru said:
thank god for uki chick for curing me of that one.

Oh, how sweet!

I know when I look back at my diary from high school i get totally embarassed. I can't believe some of the stuff I wrote in it. It really is pathetic how we see thing when we're young.

freako104 said:
ummm gf..... a one night stand means you never see the person again. it would be more like a fuck buddy or friend with benefits or something like that ;)

Ummm freako, I know what a one night stand is. I was making an analogy of how he would use me and ignore me for so long that it was like continuous one night stands. ;)

woodman19_99 said:
On another note, grab that diary out and scan some of the "juicy" pages so that we can all feast on your impetuous youth! :evilcool:

There isn't much I won't talk about but one thing I don't discuss is specifics about my sex life, sorry! :D

greenfreak said:
Ummm freako, I know what a one night stand is. I was making an analogy of how he would use me and ignore me for so long that it was like continuous one night stands. ;)

ah ok. didnt know you were trying to make it an analogy. sorry about that

PuterTutor said:
So, do I tell her that in ten years it won't matter, or let her figure it out on her own.

People said that about me and the BF when we met when I was fourteen. Ten years later I'm still with him. Always gotta be the exception to the rule. :rolleyes:

hey some couples have known each other all their lives. its not as common cause both people are so young but it happens nonetheless

:D Hey. Its the only thing that kept him from being impeached. What did he forget and when did he forget it?.....

greenfreak said:
This is probably a question for the older folks, but have you ever looked back on your younger years and realized how clueless you were? What about?

I don't think that there's enough space on the internet for all of mine. :D

Back