idiot sick coworker

kuulani

Okay, so halamikage and I were eating lunch yesterday, and a coworker comes into the lunch area and sits down with us.

After gazing longingly at our food, she proceeds to tell us that she wishes she could hold down food. You see, she has the stomach flu and can't hold anything down except Gatorade and soda crackers. DUH!!

So I look at her with disbelief, and tell her as nice as I can, "What the hell are you doing here?!? Go home!! You're infecting my air conditioned air with your germs and I can't afford to catch it *knock on wood*"

Of course, she thinks I'm funny and laughs it off. I look at her and tell her "I'm serious."

Aaaaagh. And she's here again today. Infecting my phreakin' air. :bitchslap

And she's right here, sniffling less than 10 feet away from me.

Can't she at least blow her goddamn nose!?!

That kind of stuff happens here all the time. The management frowns upon taking sick days unless you're on your deathbed. The manager of my department came in sick last week and when everyone said, "Go home!" he replied that he's no wimp and no one should take sick days for a little cold. (as he hacked up a lung). :rolleyes:

So I just avoid sick people like the plague and don't let them touch me, my desk, my keyboard, mouse, and especially not my phone.

you know, i find it odd to have a flu on this time of the year, especially in Hawaii, it should be hotter than Morelia.

I told her to go home too .. she said she wanted to get that testing done .. the thing is, everyone is busy with MM and already, resistance is low ... she needs to step off .. seriously

she needs to get the hell home and not infect others. i hope she leaves you guys alone. and what she said when she said it :sick:

greenfreak said:
Perfect climate for bacteria-warm and humid. :)

Of what i've observed in all my years, on hot weather it is very unlikely to get any sort of respiratory disease, but when winter comes things change. And i don't know what she meant with "stomach flu", i assume it isn't diarrea because of this

And she's right here, sniffling less than 10 feet away from me.

Can't she at least blow her goddamn nose!?!

Luis G said:
you know, i find it odd to have a flu on this time of the year, especially in Hawaii, it should be hotter than Morelia.

Not really. In the middle of the ocean, the temp varies very little. That's how Scotland has milder winters than Montreal despite being much further north.

Maybe you're right.
Morelia: 32°C
Honolulu: 27°C

thou, the hour is different.

At work yesterday, one of my co-workers grabbed the spray bottle of ammonia in order to clean something. I told him to be careful, because I can't afford to get sick and miss school or work, so I really don't need to be catching ammonia. :D

Back