If it weren't for bad luck

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd have no luck at all.

I'm beat like a dead horse but the floor is stripped, we're finishing the sanding & hope to get one coat of stain down tonight or tomorrow morning. The textured wallpaper is up, ready to be painted. The room is coming together wonderfully.

I was hoping to cut sod today (prepping for the garden which is already late)but couldn't, the machine was reserved for later (I hope it didn't go out) so I decided it was time to fix the oil leak in my pickup before I owned Qatar. So far, so good-maybe & finally. Might as well throw on the other set of brake pads (put one set a couple of weeks ago-in the rain). Done. We head around the corner for hot dogs & hamburgers for Memorial Day. The brake pedal never tightens up...damnit. So I climb under & look only to discover shooting brake fluid...near the back driver side wheel. I was on the passenger front side today.

Tired, broke & damn near broken down. This is all I need. :grumpy:

Well, I'm a runnin' down the road, tryin' to loosen my load,
I've got seven women on my mind:
four that wanna own me, two that wanna stone me,
one says she's a friend of mine.
Take it easy

Take it easy

don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand,
just find a place to make your stand and take it easy.

Theres an entire line of blank white wallpaper line that is textured and is meant to be painted. Its supposed to be more versatile to the tastes of the consumer.

alex said:
You put up wallpaper only to paint over it?

Beats pulling down paneling that's over plaster which needs fixing.

There are several types & styles of textured wallpaper...it's thick & flexible and (in our case) looks like drywall & beats the crap out of re-plastering or destruction & drywalling.

Gonz said:
Beats pulling down paneling that's over plaster which needs fixing.

There are several types & styles of textured wallpaper...it's thick & flexible and (in our case) looks like drywall & beats the crap out of re-plastering or destruction & drywalling.

Job well done :grinyes:

Gonz said:
No need to...didn't open the lines :p

Doesn't matter. Brake fluid is affected by both braking-generated heat, and absorbs moisture from the air. Whenever I change the pads, I flush the system completely. Use a turkey baster to suck up almost all the fluid in the master brake cylinder and resevoir. Refill with fresh. Then bleed all four corners until the fresh fluid comes. Usually it'll be a bit different colour. This will take care of any brake pedal sponginess. And yes, if your car is more then 4 years old, the pedal is spongy, you just don't recognise it because it happens so gradually. Bleed them fresh, and that pedal will be as hard as a rock.

BTW, total cost for that little improvement? Usually under $20 including the rubber hose, and a beer for the buddy.

Hardwood floors are scraped, sanded, stained & poly'd. Looking great.

Textured wallpaper is up & painted.

Trim is in place. A few new lights, a new fan, some minor touch-ups DONE!!!

Carpet comes between 8-10AM, today...finally.

Now, if I can just get my garden planted before it's too late.

Back