If this were your child what would you do?

tonksy said:
I fail to see why the issue of protecting the picture comes up. Art is in museums for people to see up close. This child has a severe lack of character, plain and simple. My children are less than have his age and I can wager that they'd realize it was wrong to stick bubblegum on the picture.

And he'll be the hero for the next week at school ... for generating a little excitement at something so booooring. Rebel without a clue, Tonks. Surely you remember that phase. We all went through it. 6 year olds know what's right and wrong. 12 year olds know, and try and get away with it anyways.

If you've forgotten that, you're in for one helluva shock when the girls get a little older.

Which will only make them do it more. Embarassing hell outta them is the only real solution. I've taken to reaching for a video camera every time V2.0 throws a tantrum. She's under warning that the first time it'll be shown in her classroom. The second time, it goes world wide on the internet. Makes for one helluva off switch.

hmmmm, 12 years old? He should know better. But the museum should have protected the art better than that.....it's on them.

Back