If you don't think the cops abuse their power ...

jimpeel

just don't deign to pass gas in their presence or you could be charged with battery on a police officer.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,427365,00.html

West Virginia Man Charged with Assaulting an Officer
Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A man arrested for driving under the influence in West Virginia got himself into a lot more trouble later at the police station.

Jose Cruz was pulled over Monday night on Route 60 in South Charleston for driving with his headlights off. He was subsequently arrested after failing a series of sobriety tests, according to WSAZ TV in Charleston.

During fingerprinting, Cruz then allegedly moved closer to one of the officers and passed gas, the station reported. In the complaint, the investigating officer wrote that police noticed a "very strong" odor.

The alleged stunt led Cruz to be charged with another offense — battery on an officer — in addition to DUI and obstruction, WSAZ reported.

Click here for more on this story from WSAZ.com.

chcr, you forgot to add "Now, as to the ANWR, Todd and I often enjoying caribou hunting and one year we shot up a herd big time... " to your email forwarded crap about Palin

chcr, you forgot to add "Now, as to the ANWR, Todd and I often enjoying caribou hunting and one year we shot up a herd big time... " to your email forwarded crap about Palin
I didn't get that in email. Besides, I couldn't give a fuck about whether she hunts caribou or not.

I dunno, I've smelled a few farts in my day that could certainly be considered assault and battery.

disco stu likes disco movies.
caribou barbie likes blasting caribou.

gonz you win the off-topic award for today. whaterver this has to do with peel's anti-cop thing is totally beyond me.

..it smells funny?

Not "anti-cop" just anti cop abuse of power.

Do you believe that if you were to call the local police in your jurisdiction, and tell them that a person just deliberately passed gas in your presence to offend your olfactories, that they would come right out and arrest the offender for battery on your person; or would they be more likely to come out and arrest you for making crank phone calls on an emergency line?

There are rules for some and rules for others.

well, unfortunately jim, in many places it's much harder to get away with punching a suspect in the face, which is what the cop shoulda done if mr. suspect was trying to be "clever," rather than file a petty charge.

you know, it's really funny, but in the few dealings i've had with cops, i have been respectful, courteous, given straight answers, and not been a weenie in any manner whatsoever. strangely, they've never had a problem with me, either.

well, unfortunately jim, in many places it's much harder to get away with punching a suspect in the face, which is what the cop shoulda done if mr. suspect was trying to be "clever," rather than file a petty charge.

Then you aspire to a higher, more physical form of police abuse?

you know, it's really funny, but in the few dealings i've had with cops, i have been respectful, courteous, given straight answers, and not been a weenie in any manner whatsoever. strangely, they've never had a problem with me, either.

Because you realize that they may be proponents of your tenets as stated above -- kinda like this guy.

Two guys are driving along one day when they come to a red light. The driver breezes right through it without so much as touching the brake.

"You just blew right through a red light!" exclaims the astonished passenger.

"Yeah, I know." answers the driver.

At this point, they come to another red light and, just as he had with the first light, he breezes right through.

"You just did it again!" exclaims the passenger, "Where the hell did you learn to drive?!?!"

"My brother-in-law taught me." answers the driver.

About this time, they come to a green light and the driver screeches to a halt.

"You can go. It's a green light." the passenger says.

"Hell, no." says the driver, "Mt brother-in-law might be coming."

yes, i love police violence. all real americans love violence in all forms, whether it is directed toward a "perp" or a furry mammal grazing amongst the evergreens.

yes, i love police violence. all real americans love violence in all forms, whether it is directed toward a "perp" or a furry mammal grazing amongst the evergreens.

Were you pounding your chest when you wrote that? Ya gotta pound your chest when you write such things. Gives ya credibility.

disco stu likes disco movies.
caribou barbie likes blasting caribou.

gonz you win the off-topic award for today. whaterver this has to do with peel's anti-cop thing is totally beyond me.

it's where I saw his sig

I don't see what the cops did wrong.

they pulled over a guy who was doing something wrong (Driving without headlights)

He must have seemed drunik, so they tested him, he failed, got arrested.

He tries to protest this by farting at a cop, he gets another charge for assualt, which is the closest charge they had on the books, now if they nightsticked him for it, I would see that as the police being wrong.

If you are polite to police 99% of the time they will be polite to you, if you try to be a smartass they will put you in your place.

If you are polite to police 99% of the time they will be polite to you, if you try to be a smartass they will put you in your place.

I do believe that's the giste of the complaint. I don't recall there being a law requiring anyone to be polite to anyone, and I've seldom seen cops follow that law themselves. Cops are there to enforce the law, not 'to put you in your place'. That does suggest that 'your place' is where TPTB's put you. I think they had some kinda fight about that very issue a while back, didn't they? 1776 if I recall.

Back