If you were drafted...

Which part of the military would you join?

• Army

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Marine Corps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Air Force

• Navy

• Flee to Canada :)

• Total voters
I'm an only child, and the only uncle on my dad's side of the family died childless. Would I still get drafted?

If I was drafted I'd definately want to join the airforce. But, Canada doesn't have an airforce, so it won't happen. :(

:D

i'm told that i am but everytime that i need witnesses to back it up to draw nut disablity and get a monthly check for it, people seem to change their minds. that'd be cool to weird off for a living. i could live comfortably off the governement for years if they wanna admit they know the truth about me. :D

and don't think i wouldn't do it :headbang:

I served voluntarily in the US Army & am also too old to be drafted. With no flying skill & no death wish, that would leave out the Marines & USAF & 6 months at sea with a boat load of guys, no thanks-no Navy. Canada is an option but it's so cold...

Inky, if I understand correctly, you can still get drafted but you'd probably end up in a desk job.

since my father and grandfather on his side were in the army, ym cousin was in teh air force and my uncle was(my cousin and uncle being on moms side) was in the Navy, id join the Marines so that wed have all the branches although my father would bitch about me being drafted since it happened to him and he hates the army :D

I was Air Force ROTC in high school. I know their methods and ways backwards and forwards. The only change would be age of everyone around me.

Yes, Canada has air force, army and navy. It's all classified under "Canadian Armed Forces" though. My uncle is a medical guy in the armed forces and he has been stationed on both army and air force bases. So, unless you do somethign specific to one branch you can move around. They are all one organization unlike the states I believe.

LastLegionary said:
I'm going to join the Air Force voluntary after getting my Engineering degree. :)

LL ~ are you planning for a career in the Air Force, or just a few years to travel around?

The Air Force has some great opportunities for Software Engineers. Beautiful thing of the army is that (at least in the US) they always have the latest technology to work with!

Just curious :)

Shadowfax said:
LastLegionary said:
The Air Force has some great opportunities for Software Engineers. Beautiful thing of the army is that (at least in the US) they always have the latest technology to work with!

Just curious :)

Canada recently purchased Britains old diesel subs to bolster our Navy,now they can't get them seaworthy :rolleyes:

Yeah I don't want to join Canada's army. New York has a bigger police force.

I am seriously thinking of a career in the Air Force as a software engineer. Very seriously.

Back