If you're happy and you know it - bomb Iraq

Aunty Em

Ardsgaine said:
If there was even a shred of truth in it, I could just laugh it off and go on. The basic idea is clever and humorous, but there's so much in there that I consider to be outright lies, that I'm thoroughly provoked by it. I could start a whole thread just on the part about Bush not being elected.

Personally I just find it funny and don't take it seriously, but I can see how it would get up your nose. There is a long tradition of taking the piss out of political figures based on popular myths of the day, you really shouldn't let it wind you up it just causes you needless stress. :)

Ardsgaine

But I am relaxed... if I weren't, I would've gone ahead and written up a long post on all the idiotic political points the song tries to make and turned the thread into a political discussion so that Luis would have to go ahead and move it into RW like I requested. Instead, I just said, 'fuck it...' :)

Aunty Em

Ardsgaine said:
But I am relaxed... if I weren't, I would've gone ahead and written up a long post on all the idiotic political points the song tries to make and turned the thread into a political discussion so that Luis would have to go ahead and move it into RW like I requested. Instead, I just said, 'fuck it...' :)

Ards the :cool: dude... :D

A.B.Normal

Ardsgaine said:
If there was even a shred of truth in it, I could just laugh it off and go on. The basic idea is clever and humorous, but there's so much in there that I consider to be outright lies, that I'm thoroughly provoked by it.

Ya, the thought that "W" could skip and sing at the same time is utterly preposterous:hmm:

j/k :hippy:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
On "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" last night there was a sketch relating the current situation to speed freaks and how intense they are, how when someone's hepped up on speed and they get a hate on for someone they just won't forget it, they keep on and on trying to destroy them until they can't go on anymore.

:eek6:

Aunty Em

Hmmm, think I might write one about the UK, Blair, terrorists, asylum seekers, the overheated housing market, out of control credit spending, striking firemen, the pension crisis, the crappy public transport system, ... This could be fun... :D

flavio

Banned
Leslie said:
On "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" last night there was a sketch relating the current situation to speed freaks and how intense they are, how when someone's hepped up on speed and they get a hate on for someone they just won't forget it, they keep on and on trying to destroy them until they can't go on anymore.

:eek6:

How's that work? If they get pissed off before they do the speed does there feelings get more intense? Or do you have to make them mad while they are on speed? What if someone does something really nice for the person on speed, do they obsessively keep trying to return the good will?