If you're reading this too fast, the text will be purple...

:confuse2:

Oh well, I guess it's too deep for me. I tried thinking about baseball, elephants and even midgets but it didn't help.

Thanks for trying...

[b said:
]:confuse2:

Oh well, I guess it's too deep for me. I tried thinking about baseball, elephants and even midgets but it didn't help.

Thanks for trying...

If you figure it out, let me know. :(

I am so jealous of you guys moof, Shadow and Psycho. :( I wish I got the meaning of it right away. *is sad because she is not geeky enough*

BTW, none of that was sarcasm..

mby the people were high/drunk when they made the bumper sticker, and only drunk/high people would understand it.

Nixy, you can't expect to get super-geeky overnight. It's something that happens over time, and only if time is something you have a lot of to spare.

If it makes you feel any better, I got it, but I don't understand why I got it, so I lost it. :retard: But then I thought about it and got it again.

Has something to do with the wavelength of the light and how fast you are moving towards or away from it.

You know how the pitch of a sound will be slightly lowered as it moves farther away, and heightened as it comes closer? This is because as the source of the wave travels away (or near), the wave itself reaches your ears at what the brain interprets to be different frequencies, dubbed the doppler effect.

Same idea in the light-shifting bumper sticker thing, except a different kind of wave, and the different frequencies are interpreted as different colors. If you're travelling fast enough up to a source of red light, it will appear to shift very slightly to purple (or blue in extreme cases, but by the time you notice it's changed at all, you'll probably have plowed through it cause you'd have to be going pretty damn fast).

(Am I correct? been a while since I meddled around in waves and stuff like that)

Come to think of it, that prolly explains why the sky's blue during the day and red during sunset. :retard:

the colour of the sky has to do with dust/dirt/smog particals that are present in the air. the particals absorb/reflect different wave lengths of light. same reason why water appears different colours as you go down, execept under water, not in the air :D

Professur said:
I thought it was funny.

Well, perhaps you'll put me out of my misery and tell me if there's something other than the color shift that I'm missing. Gato talked as if it had nothing to do with color shifts, and I don't know what the hell it could mean if not that. :confuse2:

does it mean "if you think this is purple your drunk so oyur prolyl driving too fast"
whoever made the bumper sticker should be shot
the best wya to become geeky is to stay home all dya and post in forums
it worked for me!
now im having conversations aobut how the clock speed and voltage of DDR SDRAM affect it bandwidth and transfer rate, along with how many bits it has, and how its named. we figured this out
the PCxxxx rating of DDR is its maxium datarate in megabytes per second
the DDRxxx is its clock speed in megahertz
it runs on a 64-bit bus
a 64-bit bus trnasfers data 8MB/clock cycle and PC2100 (DDR266) divided by 8 is its clock speed 266MHz
The PCI bus is onyl 32bit so its 4megabyte/hertz or 133mb/s

thats actuaslly pretty scary, considering i understand all that
on second thought, you might want to reconsider becoming geeky

It is stupid. Even more stupid to want people behind you to focus on reading the tiny print on a bumper sticker on your car instead of something stupid like um...driving?

Oh come on...it is funny. You guys should be glad you understood it...Most people would have been leftscratching their heads.

It is an uber geek joke...just like the t-shirts with the chemical name of coffee, or the atomic model of coffee.

I'd laugh after reading that.

Back