I'm a little freaked out

greenfreak

I know I'm getting older. I can deal with that just fine.

What I can't deal with is my nieces and nephews getting older. Like teenage older.

I saw my 13 year old niece Alexa last weekend and almost fell of my chair. Let me put this in perspective.

Alexa and her brother DJ are one year apart. I lived with them for a while, babysat them, attended their birthdays, communions, and have watched them grow up all these years.

This is Alexa wearing a t-shirt I got her when she was barely two:

emt_lex.jpg

This is Alexa last year, doesn't she have a beautiful smile? ;)

lex_before.jpg

She's still a girl though.

Yeah.

Well.

This is Alexa last weekend, J. Lo sunglasses on her head, makeup, tweezed eyebrows, Nextel, hip huggers and highlighted hair:

alexa.jpg

WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!

I feel faint.

I can't imagine what parents go through. I'm having a hard time.

She looks older on 2nd pic :confuse3:

But I know what you mean, I still don't have direct nephews, only the sons of cousins. I saw them days after they were born, and now they have grown, granted, they are not teens yet, but they are just getting bigger and bigger. To me it hasn't been that much time, but I guess years go by faster as you get older.

That's nowhere near what I has to deal with.
My niece 19, had a pain, so my sister takes her to the doc.
He tells her she's got Herpes. He asked her how many guys she's been with
in the past month, and she says 6, like it's nothing. :crying4:

Luis G said:
She looks older on 2nd pic :confuse3:
that's what i though too.

the third picture looks a lot like one of my cousins.

i have a hard time believing that my little brother is 18, a senior, and going to graduate this year.

catocom said:
That's nowhere near what I has to deal with.
My niece 19, had a pain, so my sister takes her to the doc.
He tells her she's got Herpes. He asked her how many guys she's been with
in the past month, and she says 6, like it's nothing. :crying4:
zuh?

sounds like she needs a reality check.

well, last i read, it is estimated that 70% of the sexually active population has herpes and many dont even know it.... but damn. all those guys prolly have it now too, that's the scary part.

anyhow... yeah, gf, i sometimes consider that when my oldest nephew is 15, i'll be 30, and i try to think about it and it's just too weird sometimes.

greenfreak, if you're freaked out now, wait 'til Alexa has kids.

My oldest niece is 35 and has a ten-year-old daughter.

I need a :sadhug:

You guys aren't helping. :( ;)

We were going Alexa's music concert at school a few months back and she said she was worried about wearing a white shirt. I said why? She said because the last time she wore the shirt, the boys noticed her white bra and said "WE CAN SEE YOUR TITTIES!" She wasn't embarrassed in the least to tell me that, or the word "titties" to me. I know it's probably nothing compared to what I'm going to hear her say in the coming years but it gave me a reality check. First, that she's even wearing a bra (not because of the size but more to hide any definition if you know what I mean) and second that these things are in the forefront of her mind.

With the boys, it's not as noticeable and all my sister's kids are short so it's been creeping up on me slowly instead of like "Wow! They're teens!"

Na, I've got nothing on you, I can't imagine what this would feel like to a parent. Your family is just gorgeous! I keep seeing individual pics here and there, where's the whole family shot together? Standing up too, so it puts your son's height into perspective. :)

That kid has great hair! *jealous*

I always think of your nieces and nephews at the toddler age too, gf :laugh:

Professur said:
so ... let's see her titties already.
That's pretty poor taste Prof. Considering how protective you are of your children and their identities, I'm a little surprised you would say that. Even in jest.

Leslie said:
That kid has great hair! *jealous*

I always think of your nieces and nephews at the toddler age too, gf
Yeah, she and her sister have beautiful blond hair. I had hair like that too when I was younger. Mom was not all that fond of long hair and the care that had to go into it. I had to plead and beg to prevent it from being cut.

And I perpetual toddler nieces and nephews as long as my sisters keep having them. I'm going to be sad when I don't have nieces and nephews that young. They're all at great ages, where I can do different things with each of them. I can't wait to see what they're going to look like in the wedding party. They're going to look awesome.

Hey Trish...we moved here in 1994. We see many of my wifes neices & nephews once or twice a year. I know the feeling of "when the hell did that happen..."

I ask myself the same thing with my little brother. Feels like just yesterday he popped outta my mom and into this world, and this X mas he'll be 10!

uh-oh. she's gorgeous.
13, huh? wow. she looks like that and she's barely a teenager ... wait 'til 16!
keep her away from boys! lock her up!

:D

Back