i'm DF!

BlurOfSerenity

i'm in the despair faction!
what, you ask, is that??
it's the fanclub for the band AFI.
who, you ask, are they?
they're a punkish band from california. they're really really great.
the df rocks, too. i wanted to be df for THE longest time -- ever since it was started back in... june (? i think). but i had trouble getting the $30 needed for it. luckily, xmas money covered it nicely.
i'll be watching the mail for my df packet... my tshirt, patch, button, sticker, armband, and poster. and newsletter! i also get to read and post on the df-only boards on their site ( www.afireinside.net ), which is awesome... people are a lot friendlier on those boards.
it's quite awesome. i'm glad to be so supportive of this excellent band.
:headbang: :D

some dude at our new year thing was wearing an afi t-shirt. it's the only time i've seen anything of them outside your posts.

just thought i'd mention it...

lol, i'd never heard of them either, until my bf at the time told me to get a song ("a single second") by them, and then i started hearing of them in more places, even tho i have trouble finding fellow fans. :(

AFI has recentley started to suck big balls in my mind. chargin 20 bucks for the club is lame as hell. i used to really like em but after hearing those 2 new songs i don't expect to hear anymore good outta them. but the first time i was them was totally badass, the other 3 times just weren't close :( a single second is a great song and shut your mouth and open yours eyes is probaly my fav album of theirs.

i am also fond of shut your mouth and open your eyes. it was my first afi album. i then got black sails in the sunset... that one's actually probably my favorite. and the other day, i just got Answer that and stay fashionable. i'd like to VPoY next, and AoD last.
i agree they're kinda not good now. i havent heard two new songs... what are they called? are they on the forthcoming album, or on AoD?
as for the fanclub price, it's actually $30 :p but it's so worth it, considering all the stuff you get: tshirt, sticker, poster, button, armband, patch, a truckload of benefits... membership card, and apparantly it comes in a really awesome box, and everyone likes to save theirs.
the way i see it, afi isnt making a lot of money off of the club. it's all for the fans. and thay've got some of the greatest fan appreciation i've seen yet.

the new ones are suposed to be on unupcoming album don't know the titles,but i might have them some where on my comp.... art of drowning was ok at best. very proud of ya was probaly my 2nd favoriate album, a fire inside ep is also very cool.

although i won't really hold it against the band i think the extreme fans are gettign a bit outta hand...i mean shit they were just a punk band...they aren't meant to be worshipped....but i guess thats just me... and i also think there are way better bands that deserve more credit too.

please keep the offering of mp3's to other members off this board. this isn't allowed in posts nor in pm's. thank you - shadowfax

on afi's site, there's a gallery of peoples afi tattoos. i think that's a bit much, lol.
the more i listen to ATaSF, the more i really like it. i like "half empty bottle" and "brownie bottom sundae" best. and "cereal wars" is bloody brilliant... i love it when cereal is sung about. that should be my eating-cereal song. i think it will be. it is!

shadowfax, you'z no phun :(
lol

i liked very proud of you more though. but i did enjoy that album. i have a bunch of their older 7 inches on my comp too they do some pretty cool covers.

frankly with their new "style" annoying fans(no offense) and extreme merchendising i don't quite see myself being a fan much longer.

aren't they releasing on a major label now too(not that that is a big deal to me)

but a sane person couldn't deny a bit of the sellout thoughts. of course by the looks of their message board there aren't alot of sane fans anymore.

anyways we can always "discuss" AFI thru PMs ;)

PuterTutor said:
Alright, who are you and what the fuck did you do with whoreable? :hmm:

my thoughts exactly!

and 7 inches... 7 inches are great... i have a stack of 7" singles

Back