I'm dying here...

trinity1

Well, here it is, sometime after 3 AM. I was sound asleep, and then BAM...awoken violently by my old nemesis - Acid Reflux. *puke3*
I was bestowed with this hell ever since I had to take medication for pain. At this point, living with severe pain is sounding more desirable. (

OK folks! Thanks for your attention and sympathy, at least by some. D Carry on with your sleep, sex or vacuuming (or maybe all 3 at once!)

[For those fortunate enough not to have experienced the taste of Acid Reflux, picture yourself taking a gargle with a clogged drain remover, such as Drano. Nice vision, huh?!]

Attachment(s):

bill2.gif, 7.01kb

131_1039250330.gif

Aunty Em

trinity1 said:
Well, here it is, sometime after 3 AM. I was sound asleep, and then BAM...awoken violently by my old nemesis - Acid Reflux. *puke3*
I was bestowed with this hell ever since I had to take medication for pain. At this point, living with severe pain is sounding more desirable. :(

OK folks! Thanks for your attention and sympathy, at least by some. :D Carry on with your sleep, sex or vacuuming: (or maybe all 3 at once!)

[For those fortunate enough not to have experienced the taste of Acid Reflux, picture yourself taking a gargle with a clogged drain remover, such as Drano. Nice vision, huh?!]

Nasty - I sympathise, I get it too - I always feel like I'm drowning, it's very scary. The first time I got it I sat up in a chair to sleep for 3 or 4 nights nights afterwards, I was just too scared to lie down. Now I sleep with the head of my bed raised about 6 inches and am careful what I eat late at night - it does help. :)

trinity1

Auntie Em! A person who knows first hand! Thank You!
The weird thing here is that I only get Reflux if I take the pain medication past 7:00 at night - food or no food.
But the days were I can skip the meds, few and far between, I can eat right up going to bed; hell, I can eat falling asleep without any kind of retribution. Therefore I attribute the evil of Acid Reflux totally to the medication I take. And I have been through a pharmacy of different meds to correct this issue and be potent enough to manage the pain I live in.
So, life's a bitch and I'm her love slave!
Hey, if I can't laugh and joke about my situation, I'd :crying2: :crying4: :crying6: :crying3: :crying5: :crying7:

Aunty Em

My mum has suffered for years and recently discovered she had no sphincter muscle at the top of her stomach to keep the opening into her eosphagus(foodpipe) closed and underwent major surgery to correct the problem. Unfortunately this condition is hereditary but I'm not yet at the stage where I'm willing to undergo the tests to find out if I have it. I will have to get a LOT worse first. :(

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Aw Johnny :(

:hug:

My Mom used to drink the juice from sourkraut (sp?) to help her and she'd have it bad, too!! That and apples.

xo

AlladinSane

One more in the club here. I think I don't have it so bad as you, but still it prevents me from sleeping in some nights. Including the last one, by the way :yawn3:

greenfreak

Seems like a lot of us have acid reflux. I thought once the damage was done, there was no relief. I was wrong-I just needed to change my eating habits... I stopped eating the things that was the worst cause of it (tomatoes in my case) and made sure I didn't eat for at least 3 hours before I went to bed. I know you can't do that trin, but can you at least take some prevacid or nexium with your painkiller to help it?

Ku'u and I had this conversation and we found some good links on it too. I'm going to go searching for it...

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I can not sleep after eating, that's the bad thing about hiatal hernia. :(

Pills only change the acid fluxes in the stomach, sometimes it will increase them, and things get worse.

Dave

there are a lot of proton pump inhibitors on the market today. they work by reducing the amount of acid the stomach produces in the first place.
what pain meds are you on, if you dont mind my asking? i've had patients complain of a lot of things regarding pain meds, but never reflux that bad before.

unclehobart

Nothing on earth gives me heartburn/reflux. It happens sometimes when I get sick. When youre ill, all bets are off 'cause nothing is working right.

unclehobart

I guess I could force it if I sat down and choke fed myself a large amount of greasy dairy and then park on my butt for a few hours without fluid intake. That might do it.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You're not bothered by that worm on your face, Spot? :retard:

I feel for you, trinity. I don't have acid reflux, but I do get some nasty heartburn and the occasional "vurp" (where you burp but vomit comes out instead of or along with the burp)

Spaghetti sauce w/ 1lb Italian sausage and 2 glasses of V8 will usually do me in with no hope of relief until it goes out the other end, not even a Tums will defeat that (which usually does the trick for me)

Dave

You're not bothered by that worm on your face, Spot?

took a second to figure out what you were talking about. LOL

Pizza cheese .. high fat Brie .. butter ... that kind of thing.

ahh... was associating greasy with fried.