I'm going to go nuts!

MrBishop

You'd figure that a Church would be a nice quiet palce to work, but that often isn't the case.

I'm going nuts here and it's not likely to stop.

1 Wedding - bulletins, setup, flowers
1 New organist - rejection letters to create, sign and mail
1 new priest - invitations, setup, gifts to buy, liturgy, 3 booklets, huge mailing
1 Sunday bulletin

I've got 1 hour left... anyone have a nice padded room for me...I'll need it.

MrBishop said:
You'd figure that a Church would be a nice quiet palce to work, but that often isn't the case.

I'm going nuts here and it's not likely to stop.

1 Wedding - bulletins, setup, flowers
1 New organist - rejection letters to create, sign and mail
1 new priest - invitations, setup, gifts to buy, liturgy, 3 booklets, huge mailing
1 Sunday bulletin

I've got 1 hour left... anyone have a nice padded room for me...I'll need it.

Is there no one to kinda make... *ahem* ask to help?

I got the Wedding sorted for you... get a few lawyers cards... never mind the flowers and the decor!... much more useful in approximately 2 years time! :rolleyes: Cynic? Moi?

ClaireBear said:
I got the Wedding sorted for you... get a few lawyers cards... never mind the flowers and the decor!... much more useful in approximately 2 years time! :rolleyes: Cynic? Moi?

We just celebrated our 2 years and there's not need for lawyers. we've been together for almost ten. Not all marriages end in divorce.

There are only 2 people working for the church...me and the Verger. THe verger's painting the rectory for the new Rector. I had to beg/plead for some volunteer parishioners to come help me out. Regardless, I'll probably have to return to my morning job once my afternoon job is over in order to finish. Blech!

You actually send rejection letters to people you don't hire? Why not just never call back, like most businesses do?

Inkara1 said:
You actually send rejection letters to people you don't hire? Why not just never call back, like most businesses do?

Because they're a church, Inky. :lol:

I wonder if your bulletins have worse jokes than ours, our pastor needs a better sense of humor, or at least a better joke book. One of his punchlines I remember: "Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

Back to off topic

Married over 13 years, together almost 20. Make a choice & stand by that decision.

Bish, call Kinkos ;)

Married 10 years, dated on and off for 14 years before that. Granted, we fell in love (at least I did) when I was 7 or 8. Let's see, that's about ... hmmm ... just under 30 years?? That can't be right.

Some how guys I really don't think you're an average cross section... well you may be of America/Canada.... but in Britain there are more divorcees under 35 than newly weds!

Tis the way of the moment over here... I don't condone it... but you can't ignore it either... when I/ if I marry although it will have little religious significance (read NONE!) I want it to be forever... it would be. :D

Back