Important notice: Server move

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It's sudden, but I just got the news an hour ago and I'm trying to sift my way through the "you'll get no downtime, don't worry, we'll all benefit from this move" BS (I remember what happened last time they said we'll get no downtime, we lost 2 days worth of posts) and get to the info. ALL I know so far is that our host, Phantasyworkshosting is either merging with or being bought out by Insiderhosting and has not detailed when, why, or how we will be moving, just that another email will be sent out later today with DNS change instructions, and I hope it includes more information along with the DNS change instructions. Holy run-on sentence Batman!

Anyways, I will keep posting here with updates as I get them. :retard6:

And we'll keep reading them until the downtime starts, you know the downtime we aren't getting.

The account transfers will start at 9:00pm PST (is this midnight EST?) tonight, which is estimated to take 5 hours. During this time, I will close registration and disable all forums and keep just the shoutbox open to post updates. When I know that the site is working OK on the new server, I will close the whole thing and provide a temporary link to the site on the IP. Hopefully by that time I will have made sure there won't be any stale cookies. :tardbang:

New host has assured me that nothing will be changed except our IP address - all posts will remain intact and all cookies will remain unstale (read: no cookie monster!). and we won't even have to close.

I think for the first time in my life, I can sleep during a host transfer. G'nite. :tardbang:

Squiggy said:
I'm getting much faster page loads since last night. Are you sure nothing changed yet?

I noticed it this morning. Waited until I got to work to say something to make sure I'm not pulling a cache or anything. Its faster at work now too.

Back