In case anyone's ever wondered...

i feel the odd need to bump this thread so people can admire my paint skillz.
i made the picture of me in the bucket with mspaint.
you wish you were as ninja-like as me.

Normally, I wouldn't be that impressed with the artwork... but if you did that with MS Paint, you must be a genius of some sort.

Chevron and Texaco are gas stations. The Chevron also has a "Bubble Clean" car wash.

Don't have those, used to have a Texaco which lasted all of 6 months. Now it's a BP.

Kinko's is a 24-hour print shop with self-serve copiers and a wi-fi hotspot.

AutoZone is a car parts store.

See's Candies sells chocolate and other See's products. Yummy. :D

got all those 'cept the See's. I didn't know Kinko's had a wifi hot spot.

we got a Big Lots here, and a Rent-A-Center. I get my renting to own stuff from Appliance and Furniture Rent-All becaue they're cheaper.
We also have a Aaron's. So here's a comparison, A single disc DVD surround system form Aaron's ran me 90 dollars a month for 12 months, I didn't keep the dvd player cause I couldn't afford it at the time. I had it for about 4 months. Anyway, a 5 disc dvd surround system from Rent-All only cost me 15 dollars a week, or about 60 a month. quite a difference. Although, brand must also be a big issue. the expensive Aaron's one was a Philips Magnavox, the Rent-All one is a Pioneer.

Romeo's is a take-and-bake pizza shop. they also serve sandwiches.

don't have that, we have Papa Murphy's for take and bake, never tried their pizzas tho

And the only Starbucks in this town is inside Barnes & Noble. Everywhere else, it's Moxie Java, but their coffee is good.

And no Waffle House, I don't live in the south. But I took a trip there and ate at a Waffle House.

Our town gots it's first IHOP ever just last year along with a Krispy Kreme.

Oh yeah, and I wish I was as ninja-like as Ash with MS Paint.

Just look at my av, and I used PS pro for that! except I used microsoft gif animator to... animate it.

That reminds me, there's this car down the road from where I live with south dakota plates. What's interesting is that the vanity plate is written in l33t.

It says N1NJ4

I thought that was pretty funny.

pc_builder said:
I didn't know Kinko's had a wifi hot spot.
They might not all have them, but the one here does.

We also have a Aaron's.
There's one a little bit to the west, on the south side of Shaw. It just opened. Another Aaron's location is where the soon-to-be-ex-wife's family got the washer and dryer that burned their house down. See, the landlord moved the washer and dryer hookups across the garage and didn't put a new hole in the wall for a dryer vent. They're going to be getting a settlement pretty soon (Aarons' employees installed the washer and dryer).

Side note: I've always seen rent-to-own places as a credit trap, and I'm not happy about sharing my name with one.

Although, brand must also be a big issue. the expensive Aaron's one was a Philips Magnavox, the Rent-All one is a Pioneer.
Strange; Pioneer is supposed to be a better brand, at least as far as surround-sound systems go. Their receivers have a great reputation.

don't have that, we have Papa Murphy's for take and bake, never tried their pizzas tho
Papa Murphy's is to the east, a few blocks past Starbucks. Romeo's is a local chain.

I really like my Pioneer system, tho it may be an older model, hence lower price. I don't know. what I do know is that the philips magnavox system had a powered sub, and the pioneer has an unpowered sub.

I don't really notice a difference, the system rocks hard enough to annoy my neighbors across the street. But I don't really do that sort of thing. :devious:
my mom bought her washer and dryer from Aaron's. Maytag Performa.

She didn't want to take them with her when she moved to Georgia, so she gave them to me. well technically, she sold them to me. I still have to send her the $300 dollars she wants for them.

pc_builder said:
we got a Big Lots here, and a Rent-A-Center. I get my renting to own stuff from Appliance and Furniture Rent-All becaue they're cheaper.
[RandomFact]Rent-A-Center was started here by one of my prof's close friends[/RandomFact]

Stop Laughing said:
Um, you got proof of that BoP? Cause I made that myself. :p (yeah, that was real hard to draw, too :lloyd: )

In fact, it was an avatar of mine at one point... when I drew it in a one panel comic strip several years ago, the box was being carried by someone from 'üps'. :D

*doesn't think that SL gets it*

*is pretty sure SL doesn't get it*

:la:

Aw I feel left out!

Well, Fine!

I'll just go back to my magical place where the flowers grow, or failing that smack dab in the middle of the northwest's most disputed territory, manchester...

I much prefer the place with the flowers....

Ah, THIS is the source. All day long, I've had a TV theme playing in my head:

Baby, if you've ever wondered
Wondered whatever became of me
I'm livin' on the air in Cincinatti...

HomeLAN said:
Ah, THIS is the source. All day long, I've had a TV theme playing in my head:

Baby, you and me were never meant to be... just maybe think of me once in a while... I'll be at WKRP in Cincinnati

Crap, now it's going to be stuck in my head for a while. :cry:

Oh man. *BoP joins the queue* It's even worse since I only know like two lines of it, so it's gonna cycle 'round and 'round and 'round....

Back