In the hole

greenfreak said:
My credit card balance rose another $3000. since that post, mostly due to car repairs.

But as of five minutes ago, after a little over a year from that post, my debt is down $9000. to a grand total of $2500. on one 0% interest credit card, that's it! And God Damn do I feel GOOD. :dance:

I got my tax return which was about triple what I normally get and started making plans. Paid off my Bank of America card and promptly cancelled it with great relish. Anyone who remembers the debacle I went through with them when I first opened the account and transferred my car loan to it will know why. And when they asked me why, I made sure I told them. :D

With the help of some funds from my savings account, I paid off my Bank One credit card (keeping that one for the low interest on purchases) and I just paid off my school loan a few minutes ago.

Now the fun really begins. As soon as the payment goes through, I start planning on buying MY NEW CAR. Yea. Life is freakin grand. Love my job. Love my life. And I'll be loving my new car soon enough:

6577.jpg

Nice Jetta, GF

The model I'm thinking of buying is the 1.8L Turbo, yes. But I was just talking to my brother in law's parents tonight and they have one that has less horsepower than the turbo and they said it really moves. So I don't know, I'll have to test drive it and see. I've always had slow-ass cars, I want something faster.

Inky, that's just a picture I found on the internet; I have no idea what that thing is in the window. The color isn't going to be that either, they're offering a different, lighter green. It's ok but I have to admit, I like the darker green better.

Slow-ass cars generally tend to mean lower insurance premiums, though.

Of course, if you consider getting the 2.0, test-drive that first, and if you like it go with that. If you test-drive it with the turbo or the VR6, you'll be blinded by the extra power until you go to get insurance for it... and by then it would be too late.

Inkara1 said:
What's that solar panel on the passenger's side for?
I found out what that is today. It's a battery charger. In case you're using your laptop in the car while it's not running and draining the car battery, it recharges it. It comes with the car.

greenfreak said:
I found out what that is today. It's a battery charger. In case you're using your laptop in the car while it's not running and draining the car battery, it recharges it. It comes with the car.
:wink2: That's pretty fuckin' cool.

Chevrolet is offering a $3000 rebate on 2004 Corvettes.

*lust*

Make mine a white convertible with a red interior. :cool:

*needs a reality check*

Note: you can get those kewl solar battery-charger panels at Pep Boys (auto parts store). ;)

greenfreak said:
My dad bought one of those to keep the batteries charged up in the old Fords, since they don't get driven all that often. He found out that you have to make sure it's pushed into the ligher socket the whole way... after the battery in the '62 was drained.

I forgot about this thread when he told me about it, otherwise I might ahve posted it then. It's neat that VW inclused that with the car... although with the price premium for a Jetta compared to a Neon, a Cavalier, or even a Civic, I would hope they'd have little extras like that.

Don't Talk to me About Debt!!! lol,

I owe Money each month for a house I don't live in in middlesbrough till a new tennant is found (or i go back to uni!)

£500+

I'm overdrawn to the eyeballs due to a nasty situation at the start of the year:

£1250 O/D

And My phone bill comes in roughly 40 - 100 each month but I cant cancel contract till july...

On the plus side, Have finally paid off my burton store card! (stylish clothes +++ Evil interest ---) That was about £500 from me leaving 6th form...

And My credit card (which just so happens to be lodged in a cash machine 166 miles away!!!) Came to about £500

Bluergh all this at 19 is a little much, but i'm NEVER going to get in that kinda trouble again, Going to be builkding myself up all through the first year of my psych course in sept, sop grades may suffer but the first year isn't Accounted for in my final results.

By The way, Does anyone know how long a new credit card will take to arrive??? I'm informing my card company today, but need to have it before wednesday next week... Either that or I will have to beg with my brother for a loan til payday...

I don't need to drive a crappy car like a Cavalier anymore, it's time for an upgrade. I can certainly afford it and yes, it has a ton of standard features. It's not as expensive as you might think. I'm getting the GLS 1.8 Turbo with leather heated seats, auto tiptronic transmission, Electronic Stabilization Program (4 wheel traction control), moonroof, CD/Tape cassette with 8 Monsoon speakers and amplifier (stereo plays MP3's also), 6 airbags, alarm... $22000. before tax. When you can afford it and know you're getting this much for your money, it doesn't seem that much. With 1.9% financing, it's definitely doable.

greenfreak said:
I don't need to drive a crappy car like a Cavalier anymore, it's time for an upgrade. I can certainly afford it and yes, it has a ton of standard features. It's not as expensive as you might think. I'm getting the GLS 1.8 Turbo with leather heated seats, auto tiptronic transmission, Electronic Stabilization Program (4 wheel traction control), moonroof, CD/Tape cassette with 8 Monsoon speakers and amplifier (stereo plays MP3's also), 6 airbags, alarm... $22000. before tax. When you can afford it and know you're getting this much for your money, it doesn't seem that much. With 1.9% financing, it's definitely doable.
I call shotgun! :D

Back