India and the "Deccan Mujahedeen"

MrBishop

By Vipin Nair, Chitra Somayaji and Anil Varma
Nov. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Hostages taken at a Jewish center during attacks across Mumbai two days ago were killed, while commandos freed more than 200 people from the Indian city’s Oberoi-Trident hotel complex, officials said.

“There were two gunmen and five hostages” lying dead in Nariman House, site of the Chabad-Lubavitch Center, Motti Bukchin, a spokesman for the Israeli emergency response organization Zaka, said today in a telephone interview from Jerusalem.

Three bodies were found on one floor and more on another level of the Jewish center’s building, J.K. Dutt, director general of the National Security Guard commando unit, said in an interview with Times Now television. An American man and his teenage daughter died when a cafe was attacked during the assault on the city.

At least 124 people were killed and 370 were injured in almost 48 hours of violence as terrorists moved through India’s financial hub, targeting the Oberoi-Trident and Taj Mahal Palace and Tower hotels and several other locations.

A little-known Islamist group, the Deccan Mujahedeen, claimed responsibility for the coordinated shootings and explosions across the western coastal city, Home Ministry official M.L. Kumawat said. Elements in neighboring Pakistan are responsible for the attacks, the Press Trust of Indian cited External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee as saying.
Linky

Surprised that this didn't hit the RW before now.

So... a new terrorist group, that nobody's ever heard of before amkes several simultaneous attacks on India's financial district (where the majority of non-Indians do international business).

India is effectively blaming Pakistan (indirectly).

Linky

So... a new terrorist group, that nobody's ever heard of before amkes several simultaneous attacks on India's financial district (where the majority of non-Indians do international business).

I was waiting to see how long it would take and who would post it. I understand that the Indian authorities searched a ship from the Pakistani port of Karachi thinking that the terrorists arrived on it. I'm not sure that's "blaming" Pakistan but once again we have two nuclear powers who don't like each other much at odds. Exciting, huh?

Well...we've got several missing Canadians, one dead and two wounded including a Montreal singer. Several other non-Indians wounded and/or killed...including Brits, and Americans. I heard about this yesterday, but didn't have access to the internet :shrug: couldn't post. What I always find odd about the RW is the pedantic and minutiae items that find their way here when larger issues are at play.

Nobody's mentioned the Congo, f'r instance. Haiti gets a pass.

UPDATE Nov. 28: Indian Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh said Friday that two of the gunmen in custody from Wednesday's Mumbai terrorist attack are British-born Pakistanis.
The information comes as Indian officials continue to claim Pakistan's involvement in the attacks.
India's foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee said Friday "elements in Pakistan" were to blame but gave no detailed information.
[...]
Indian officials have alleged that some of the explosives and ammunitions used in the deadly attacks that have killed more than 140 appeared to have come from the Pakistani port city of Karachi — a known hotbed of militant activity.
Pakistan officials, however, have said there is no clear evidence yet to support the claim.

They were apparently looking for US & British passport holders.

Speaking of what's not being posted....where are the peaceful muslim pirate stories?

Well...we've got several missing Canadians, one dead and two wounded including a Montreal singer*. Several other non-Indians wounded and/or killed...including Brits, and Americans. I heard about this yesterday, but didn't have access to the internet :shrug: couldn't post. What I always find odd about the RW is the pedantic and minutiae items that find their way here when larger issues are at play.

Nobody's mentioned the Congo, f'r instance. Haiti gets a pass.

*Celine Dion? :eyemouth:

Christian rapists in Texas get th edeath penalty.

Peaceful Muslim Pitates get a hundred million in oil.

Christian rapists in Texas get th edeath penalty.

Peaceful Muslim Pitates get a hundred million in oil.

What is your point exactly? Muslim really has nothing to do with it. Pirate is really the key word.

Yea, spike it is. However, in the current climate of protectionism, it's fun to bring it up. It seems that Christians are the only ones allowed to be shits & have it pointed out so, in the interest of fairness, it needs to be brought up.

It seems that Christians are the only ones allowed to be shits & have it pointed out...

or perhaps these so-called christians simply have a overdeveloped sense of drama and persecution. which, given the history of, oh, the past 500 years or so, is both hilarious and pathetic.

so thanks for trying to modulate this thread into some kinda general commentary on those evil muslims. you did real good. gold star for you.

So..........what's the status quo on that "new terrorist group?" Exactly how newfangled are they?

They're a local group, it seems...but well planned and armed. I'm guessing that once the Indians are done 'interrogating' the captives - and the screaming dies down - there will be a press conference about who bankrolled them.

i doubt they're local in the sense of being indians from india, without ties to the bigger network run by osama bum flumpun.

Linky

Wow, some people scare me.

Back