inspiration for life

Markjs:
Excuse me for bringing religon into it, but that guy said a lot of true stuff whether you are christian or not.

I agree, and there is no reason why that sould be so offensive to anyone, because loving other people as you would love yourself I think is one of the most important lessons for anyone to learn, and teachings like that, should be taken note of whether you are religious or not, its the morals that count more than anything.

IDLEchild:
No, they really aren't. Those motherfuckers are being oblivious of their thankless existence. Most people feel cheated and betrayed but 99% of those fuckers never look back at their own inadequacies as human beings. hard to believe that, but most people really just want to feel special when they haven't done anything to be anything such.

:nono:
Thanks for your input IC, but theres really no need to be so harsh in this thread, which I remind you, is dedicated to INSPIRATION.

you mention;
This is why I don't have a life philosophy or remember any inspirational quotes....misery is too versatile and broad to be soliced by few quotes from someone who most likely died broke and dirty.

that might be your opinion but I don't think the attitude really adds to the topic of this thread. I reccomend that you hold your judgement for a moment, step back and take a look at the link I gave above at the start of this thread, if you're open to taking a look without such a critical viewpoint, you may be surprised that it might do you good. Some wonderful people offer fantistic things that can do a world of good to the way you look at your life.

Everybody feels like that every now and then but theres no need to be so negative because that type of thinking doesn't do anything but weigh us down and so these types of inspirational things have a lot to offer and especially people stuck in ideas such as those you have expressed yourself.

If its something you need to rant about, for the sake of others who actually appreciate this stuff - save it for somewhere else! [ie: the thread devoted pessimistic viewpoints and bleeding hearts] .

This not supposed to be depressing, if you offer something inspirational the most important idea is you are also helping someone else, so I encourage you to think about that someone else for a change instead of dealing out your critical judgement. If you don't have anything nice to say, then leave the attitude out... (it ain't helping anyone else) :shrug:

tankgirl said:
Everybody feels like that every now and then but theres no need to be so negative because that type of thinking doesn't do anything but weigh us down and so these types of inspirational things have a lot to offer and especially people stuck in ideas such as those you have expressed yourself.

...*gasp*...then I wake up and reality kicks in.

Thanks for your input IC, but theres really no need to be so harsh in this thread, which I remind you, is dedicated to INSPIRATION.

A few "f" words and I am harsh?

This not supposed to be depressing

One way or another all human behavior is.

if you offer something inspirational the most important idea is you are also helping someone else, so I encourage you to think about that someone else for a change instead of dealing out your critical judgement.

My my...aren't we a little presumptious....I am a bad little ninnypoo *slaps wrist*...never thinking of others. You're right, I need to atone for my sins....

If you don't have anything nice to say, then leave the attitude out...

...so..I'll do charity service and translate this for the OTC members

[Tankgirl translation]"If you don't have anything nice to say, which tankgirl, likes to hear, or conflicts with tankgirls opinions and views then leave the attitude out or tankgirl will tell you to go away in 4-6 paragraphs"[/tankgirl translation]

Did I do good mommy?

Oh please can we start a new thread for the tank girl vs. IDLEchild grudgematch?

By the way I agree with tank girl, this thread was supposed to be inspirational. I know my quotes aren't always true but under the right circumstances they do hold a lot of truth......But it really seems you want to take a crap on this thread IC. Can't you have your fight with tank girl contunue in another thread?

I hope nobody finds this depressing but

To be forgotten is worse than death.

this is one I thought up

By being born you have already changed the world itself. It is your life and choices that determine whether it was good or bad

to the world you are one person. To one person you are the world.

[Tankgirl translation]"If you don't have anything nice to say, which tankgirl, likes to hear, or conflicts with tankgirls opinions and views then leave the attitude out or tankgirl will tell you to go away in 4-6 paragraphs"[/tankgirl translation]

well done, A+ couldn't have said it better myself... :hmm: I'll appoint you my official no-bull translator, should I? (but then we'd have problems because you wouldn't be able to help these pathetic pessimistic, sarcastic comments of yours.)

Prelude
by Oriah Mountain Dreamer

What if it truly doesn't matter what you do but how you do whatever you do?

How would this change what you choose to do with your life?

What if you could be more present and open-hearted with each person you encounter working as a cashier in the corner store, a parking lot attendant or filing clerk than you could if you were striving to do something you think is more important?

How would this change how you want to spend your precious time on this earth?

What if your contribution to the world and the fulfillment of you own happiness is not dependent upon discovering a better method of prayer or technique of meditation, not dependent upon reading the right book or attending the right seminar, but upon really seeing and deeply appreciating yourself and the world as they are right now?

How would this effect your search for spiritual development?

What if there is no need to change, no need to try and transform yourself into someone who is more compassionate, more present, more loving or wise?

How would this effect all the places in your life where you are endlessly trying to be better?

What if the task is simply to unfold, to become who you already are in your essential nature - gentle, compassionate and capable of living fully and passionately present?

How would this effect how you feel when you wake up in the morning?

What if who you essentially are right now is all that you are ever going to be?

How would this effect how you feel about your future?

What if the essence of who you are and always have been is enough?

How would this effect how you see and feel about your past?

What if the question is not why am I so infrequently the person I really want to be, but why do I so infrequently want to be the person I really am?

How would this change what you think you have to learn?

What if becoming who and what we truly are happens not through striving and trying but by recognizing and receiving the people and places and practises that offer us the warmth of encouragement we need to unfold?

How would this shape the choices you have to make about how to spend today?

What if you knew that the impulse to move in a way that creates beauty in the world will arise from deep within and guide you every time you simply pay attention and wait?

How would this shape your stillness, your movement, your willingness to follow this impulse, to just let go and dance?

ash r said:
"when god closes a door, he opens a window"

sometimes that really helps get me through problems.
there's always some option, you might have to search for it, but it's there.

My Mom says something of that sorts, she says, "God may shut one door, but, He always opens another."
And Yes, that helps me get threw some trials and tribulations.

Then there's always the famous: FUCK IT!!!!!!

ash r said:
"when god closes a door, he opens a window. Jump out it.

My personal favorite is "don't do anything today that you'll regret tomorrow. and don't regret tomorrow what you did today."

[quote="IDLEchild]No they don't...I tell white lies to my friends all the time to encourage them....if honesty really worked then we'd never get anywhere. Honesty when needed can be a fighting force against adversity but sweet lies make the world go round.[/quote]

And you don't see a problem with this? Personally, if someone lies to me, I don't call him a friend. In fact, I don't call him at all. If I can't trust someone, he's no use to me at all.

If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, then it never was. ;)

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha

--
Pain is not a pissing contest.
-Me

--

Why do they always give the guns to the stupid guys?
-Wolverine

Back