installing another OS

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
This time, win2k server with the whole backoffice, on my mp3 partition :(

I hope everything goes fine, 'cause now i will have a tetra boot: win98, win2kpro, win2k server and linux.

If you guys don't see me online for a while, you know the reason :D

Success, only problem was that win2k installation didn't overwrite the mbr, i was ready to lose my LILO, i even made the boot disk.

Guess what?....it booted into LILO and i couldn't continue with the installation, i had to rebuild LILO to add the win2kserver partition and continue the file copying.

M$ products....they just won't act the way you expect them to act.

Well you've successfully beaten my quadboot of Redhat/Win2kAServer/Winme/Beos.
Although i don't see why you need win2kpro on there if you have win2kserver.

Showoff.:D

I might get rid of win2kpro, but only when i get my hands on a win2k server in spanish (this one is in english).

I have win2k advanced server in spanish but you'd have to send me a whole bunch of drugs in the mail to get it Luis.:D

Only kidding.

Luis G said:
Success, only problem was that win2k installation didn't overwrite the mbr, i was ready to lose my LILO, i even made the boot disk.

Guess what?....it booted into LILO and i couldn't continue with the installation, i had to rebuild LILO to add the win2kserver partition and continue the file copying.

M$ products....they just won't act the way you expect them to act.

It took four full reinstallations to get XP/RH booting. LILO doesn't work well at all, had to use Grub (bleah) and it screwed up after two successful boots. In the end I had to use the MS bootloader.

my laptop had slackware, debian, and suse on it for a day this week, now i'm down to dual slackware installations. i guess i'm just slackware's bitch, i try to get away but i always come crawling back, at least it gives me a reach-around. M$ and most other linux distros just pound me in the ass and take off in the morning

I've never had a problem with LILO, but grub......grub is a piece of shit :D

Luis, there's a MS language pack that installs over the english version and lets you switch languages back and forth. I'll dig around and see if I can't come up with a copy.

Luis, you can add another soon

As will become clearer on April 24 when it launches its next Windows release, Microsoft is building everything but the kitchen sink into Windows Server 2003. (Microsoft isn't the only operating-system vendor doing this. Sun Microsystems — which once cried foul over Microsoft's server-bundling strategy — is currently on a nearly identical path with Solaris.)

Story

Ohh no, not another one, especially from M$

I must admit thou, that i feel this one faster than the pro version, it uses less memory and has a shitload of more services running than pro, right now it is running SQL Server as well and the memory usage is only 165MB.

The thing i hate is to install the rest of the software...
ICQ, MSN, Winamp, Visual Studio, Office, Netscape, Dreamweaver, drivers, etc etc...

Back