• My car, my child, my responsibility

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • My kid needs his/her privacy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's not that important

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Inkara1

Umm, please tell me modern engines still have coil wires. I drive a Mazda/Ford, so I haven't had to raise the hood in years...

Sorry... a lot of modern cars actually have individual coils on each spark plug. Others have coil packs, but you won't find distributors on cars anymore. Your Mazda does not have a distributor.

Oh, and get this... cars don't have points and condensors anymore either. :p

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Then there should be some little chip or something I can take out to prevent it from starting.

*light bulb*

I'm raising a daughter. All I need is a battery cable taken off. Problem solved.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Then there should be some little chip or something I can take out to prevent it from starting.

*light bulb*

I'm raising a daughter. All I need is a battery cable taken off. Problem solved.

If your daughter's a pure girlie girl who is scared of opeing the hood sure...but if I were you instead of being so concerned about keeping her from using the car (trust was all my mom ever needed, and the "If you ever take this car without my permission I will find out and you will never drive it again" threat) maybe you should teach her a bit about cars incase she ever breaks down on the side of the road...I could change a flat tire, boost a car, maybe even change the oil if I really wanted to (I knew how on my dad's old car but have never tried on my own). Actually, my father would probably roll in his grave knowing that noone ever gave me a thorough run through of what specifically is under my hood...I shall have to ask my brother to do that.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
A) She won't listen to me when I try to teach her.

B) She's about as girlie as they get anymore. She primps for half an hour before going out...to weedeat the yard.

C) Trust me, she'd never find a battery much less a cable.

D) Trust doesn't seem to be in her vocabulary any longer, so I resort to other methods to accomplish what must be done.

unclehobart

Give her something with a turbo in it. Its easy to disable it if you loosen the intake hose. The thing won't stay started for more than 2 seconds.

chcr

Too cute for words
A) She won't listen to me when I try to teach her.

B) She's about as girlie as they get anymore. She primps for half an hour before going out...to weedeat the yard.

C) Trust me, she'd never find a battery much less a cable.

D) Trust doesn't seem to be in her vocabulary any longer, so I resort to other methods to accomplish what must be done.
In other words, she's a teenager. Much as the rest of us were. I'm sure I've said it here before, but my theory is that the reason they seem to go out of their way to piss us off when they're teenagers is so that we won't be so sad when they finally leave.

Edit: BTW, remember, she knows more than you do right now. It's entirely possible that she knows virtually everything. ;)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I was entirely too devious for my own good.

Oh, I was also incredibly devious...it scares me how devious I could be...but I NEVER took the car without permission...did stuff with (and in ;) )the car that I shouldn't have and went places other than where I told my mom I was going...but everytime I drove the car I had permission to be behind the wheel.