Invisible on OTC - Why?

MrBishop

I've noticed that people like to be invisible on OTC, and I'm asking myself why.

I look at the active users...see 3 names listed, including mine and yet...the stats say that we've got 9 members present. That means that 6 people are invisible. I occasionally see PM"s come in from people who aren't 'here', or posts from people who aren't 'here'.

Now...I'm wondering why people come on to OTC invisibly. Is it an effort to hide from someone else who is online? A way to avoid having to respond to PM's, avoiding harrasment, embarrasment...?

Do you go invisible while on OTC and if so...why?:confused:

I don't visit any board invisible regularly. I suppose there might be a reason here or there, but generally not. If so, it'd be on my own board to hide myself while doing something so I could get it done and not be bothered.

As for in general ... :shrug: Admin and sometimes even staff can see who's invisible or not, so what's the point?

i used to go about invisible because i have the tedency to leave OTC up for hours when i am not at the puter...don't want anyone to think i am around when i am not but then i decided that you guys were smart enough to figure that since i was inactive for awhile i was not around :shrug:

I never use to be invisible. Then, a while back, I found myself here as the only visible member out of 11 online. Feels creepy.

I like invisible when I feel like lurking, but now I just figure fuck it, if you don't like it that I'm lurking, oh well. if it looks like I spend all day here, it's usually becuase it's up in the background here at work usually all day. Doesn't mean I'm on here all day.

I prefer the idea of potential stalkers NOT knowing what I am up to thank-you-very-much. :p Seriously though, I had a problem on another board I went to with some guy watching what I was doing, who I was PMing, etc, and it was kinda annoying and creepy. So now I go invisible on all my boards.

PuterTutor said:
I like invisible when I feel like lurking, but now I just figure fuck it, if you don't like it that I'm lurking, oh well. if it looks like I spend all day here, it's usually becuase it's up in the background here at work usually all day. Doesn't mean I'm on here all day.
that you in my bushes?

I do it for fun...no real reason to hide but I do it because it feels cool.

Just the thought of knowing that a douchebag Idlechild post can creep up on anyone is exciting.

Back