iraq conflict 'boost to al queda'

ris

terrorism expert prof. paul wilkinson has reported to the commons foreign affair select commitee that the war on iraq has been a boost to al queda. counter terrorism analysts see it as mainly a two-fold problem - firstly resources were diverted that may allow the planning of another major attack to take place unhindered and the conflict provided a boost to recruitment.

there was a dismissal of the link between al queda and the hussein regime, claiming there was no substance to those claims.

he also criticised the war in afghanistan and the way in which the karzai government has been left with little coalition support troops, thus allowing warlords to regain control of some areas.

bbc more

looks like the consequences for the war in iraq could prove more damaging than perhaps thought.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
It's borne fruit only in one place...Saudi Arabia. Interesting that the target seems to be one corporation, isn't it? ;)

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
Hmm... it's not like this sort of news wasn't expected all along. I don't understand the reasoning of some who would prefer that we just "leave it alone, don't upset them further."

Kinda like "hey, that guy's raping my mom, but I'm not going to attack him because he might rape me too."

:retard4:

MitchSchaft

Kinda like "hey, that guy's raping my mom, but I'm not going to attack him because he might rape me too."

Consider the source.
I hate to see a fellow Devildog so far out in left field, too ;)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Left field? If he'ld said "that guy is raping my mom, I better go beat the shit out of someone else. " it would have been at least somewhat accurate.

ris

MitchSchaft said:
Oh come on. I'm just gettin you back for that thing you said to me, that I can't remember, a long time ago:p

that's closer than the rape analogy right there :D

Aunty Em

They didn't honestly imagine we could just up sticks after creating that much mayhem and leave them to it did they... a couple of the reasons that the opposition weren't in power is because they are too divided and don't have the physical resources eg. military force, to be... :eek:

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
ok, Squig, how about this one: "hey, that guy just raped me, but I'm not going to do or say anything about it because he might do it again."

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Oli, you're the one that doesn't want to touch "the rapist" in this scenerio. I've wanted to get him ever since it happened.