Is Batman a superhero?

Is Batman a superhero?

• Batman is a true superhero

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Batman is super and a hero but not a superhero

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • It's just fiction, there's no such thing as superheroes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Who is this Batman you keep talking about?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JJR512

Is Batman a superhero?

Batman certainly is a very capable hero. He's well-financed and technologically advanced. In fact, many of his gadgets or technologies may be a bit beyond what's actually possible today--at least, so far as the mass public is aware.

But I think the definition of "superhero" implies that the hero has supernatural powers. Batman does not. For all his strengths and abilities, his intelligence and money, his resources, underneath the mask and cape, he's just a man. An ordinary human being who can't do anything you or I couldn't do without some type of manufactured technology to help him do it.

How about Green Lantern...take away the ring & he's nothing.

Iron Man?

Captain America?

Daredevil?

A superhero, in the comic book sense, is attitude & a desire to help.

i voted the 2nd option, but i like those kinds of super heroes better... the kind that aren't born with some crazy power or are an alien... the kind that have attuned an ability or know how to use things to their advantage. i think it's cooler to be able to do that, than it is to be born awesome.

Or his intelligence can be his superpower. If you read the original comics he was more of a sherlock holmes in a cape than a super ninja

How about Green Lantern...take away the ring & he's nothing.
Iron Man?
Captain America?
Daredevil?

A superhero, in the comic book sense, is attitude & a desire to help.

I agree with the last sentence, but Iron Man isn't who's in the suit, but the suit itself. IT's super, Stark's the hero (Not anymore..now he's kind of a jerk, but that's another story/plotline)
The Cap has his super-soldier serum
DD has his 'radar' vision.

vigilante with a cause come to mind. But it's a worthy cause that i would do myself if i could only find out "where does he get all those toys"

Never been a fan of DC comics, but I've heard of the guy. Super? Not by my definition. Hero? Not seeing it.

Back