Is Cuba free?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Could the monster be dead? That's the rumors. Soon but not yet is my bet.

Cuba Foreign Minister Says Castro Health Rumors Untrue

POSTED: 8:37 am EDT August 24, 2007
UPDATED: 5:09 pm EDT August 24, 2007
4 p.m. Update

U.S. Senior officials said that while there are reports on setbacks in Fidel Castro's health, there are no indications that his death is imminent.

Nothing unusual has been reported from Havana. However, Miami is ablaze with rumors, NBC News reported.

On Thursday, Cuba's foreign minister, Felipe Perez Roque, said rumors about Fidel Castro's deteriorating health are untrue. Roque told reporters in Brazil that the 81-year-old was still in charge of Cuban affairs. He said Castro is "being informed and consulted constantly."

Roque made the comments to reporters while attending the Forum for East Asia-Latin American Cooperation in Brazil.

Cubans were hoping Fidel would make a public appearance during his birthday celebrations nearly two weeks ago.

Castro has not been seen in public for over a year since he transferred power to his brother after surgery.

NBC6

I think he was trying to say that it doesn't mean shit too us. Nor does it in any way mean Cuba is free.

Can I get a good cigar now?

I think he was trying to say that it doesn't mean shit too us. Nor does it in any way mean Cuba is free.

DING DING DING DING DING DING!

Thank you for saying what I meant....Yet being tired and having low blood sugar at the time, could not articulate.

How often does that happen?

Indeed, by all means....Have a cigar!

:beardbng:

Au contriare...when Fidel dies, they'll do the nationalist shit for awhile. During that time, there will be many Cuban diplomats working behind to the scenes to re-open the doors.

You'll have a cuban cigar within 5 years of his death (assuming our own Congress doesn't impose that stupid $10.00 per cigar tax)...probably within 2 years.

Cuban freedom most certainly does have an impact on the US. We have some of the most expensive sugar in the world and Cuba has some of the cheapest. If we can land that cheap sugar, perhaps our food supply will go back to good ol' sugar instead of corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, glucose. The glory days of soda might return and use real sugar.

Cuban freedom most certainly does have an impact on the US. We have some of the most expensive sugar in the world and Cuba has some of the cheapest. If we can land that cheap sugar, perhaps our food supply will go back to good ol' sugar instead of corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, glucose. The glory days of soda might return and use real sugar.

Well wake me when they start selling "Original Coke" please then....

Oh wait that would include cocaine too, and i don't do that stuff no more, so nevermind....

:sleep:

What might make you wake up then is that whlesale grain prices across the board have gone up by a third over the last two years. That includes wheat, corn, rice... all of them. Having a cheap supply of sugar in the mix might actually lead to some production cost reductions that might actually mean paying 10% less or more for most groceries. Trimming 10% off of your grocery bill should wake you up... or least allow you to buy more food so you can store up your energy to huck tomatoes at passing SUV's. Besides... having cheap sugar would cut the operating costs of eco terrorist operations.

Y'know, Jerry... now that sugar has dropped from .59/lb to .39/lb... our gas tank sugaring operation against the logging machines has really picked up steam. We might even save enough of the annual budget to expand the Earth Day party.

What might make you wake up then is that whlesale grain prices across the board have gone up by a third over the last two years. That includes wheat, corn, rice... all of them. Having a cheap supply of sugar in the mix might actually lead to some production cost reductions that might actually mean paying 10% less or more for most groceries. Trimming 10% off of your grocery bill should wake you up... or least allow you to buy more food so you can store up your energy to huck tomatoes at passing SUV's. Besides... having cheap sugar would cut the operating costs of eco terrorist operations.

Y'know, Jerry... now that sugar has dropped from .59/lb to .39/lb... our gas tank sugaring operation against the logging machines has really picked up steam. We might even save enough of the annual budget to expand the Earth Day party.

I laughed, I cried, I laughed til I cried!!! ***** 5 stars!

DING DING DING DING DING DING!

Thank you for saying what I meant....Yet being tired and having low blood sugar at the time, could not articulate.

How often does that happen?

:beardbng:

Happens to me all the time, I'm diabetic.

Back