Is history repeating itself?

woodman19_99 said:
Umm, good luck getting the Irish folk in the South End or the Italian folk in the North End to accept any sort of forced integration. I am from the Boston area and will admit that it is not the most racially diverse or accepting area of the country, and like the lady said, don't force diversity down our throats. We'll accept it if we want to.

Me personally, I have no problems with the color of a persons skin. Unfortunately, that is not the case (for the most part) in those areas of Boston.

Yet it was fine for Newe Englanders in 1861 to force us at gunpoint to accept...

Oh, nevermind. If folks can't see the blinding double standards by now, they never will.

Folks see them. It's just most folks don't give a rats ass about the problems 150 years ago. They're done & over. No reparations to either side.

As far as these halls go...put polar opposites together. Klansmen & NAACPers. Wops & Spics, Kikes & Arabs....c'mon, force integration damnit

SouthernN'Proud said:
Yet it was fine for Newe Englanders in 1861 to force us at gunpoint to accept...

Oh, nevermind. If folks can't see the blinding double standards by now, they never will.

So are you holding a 145 Year old grudge for that? Don't blame me or others in New England for what happened back then, we had nothing to do with it.

I see the double standard, but I don't think it was only New England who forced integration on the South back then.

The actions of 150 years ago have daily implications in today's South, and anyone who lives here knows it. And do not try and tell me that Southerners don't face stereotypes for the actions of those who lived 150 years ago, or take "blame" for it...we both know better. sauce for the goose and all that.

And Dixie was integrated. Still is.

Was there another section in 1861 besides Newe Englande and Dixie?

Back