Is it my imagination or.....?

markjs

Banned
Isn't there a hell of a lot of commercials on cable TV lately by lawyers wanting to sue such and such for you? It seems like every commercial break (we have DirecTV) there is some sort of lawyer commercial fishing for "victims". They keep asking has such and such happened to you? You might be entitled to a large cash payout! I don't know about anyone else but this is very distrubing to me. Has the whole nation gone lawsuit mad?

catocom

seems that way,
That so called "frivolous lawsuit act" doesn't seem like it served much purpose,
other than to take some rights out of the hand of regular people.

I'd have sue the hospital for giving my dad staph infection, which eventually killed him, had it not been for that.

The lawyers have found new avenues now though.
Too late.

edit: actually I'da sue the doc, not the hospital, as he knew my dad had no immune system,
and went ahead anyway.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Isn't there a hell of a lot of commercials on cable TV lately by lawyers wanting to sue such and such for you? It seems like every commercial break (we have DirecTV) there is some sort of lawyer commercial fishing for "victims". They keep asking has such and such happened to you? You might be entitled to a large cash payout! I don't know about anyone else but this is very distrubing to me. Has the whole nation gone lawsuit mad?

You're watching way too much Oprah & Judge Joe Brown. Get a haircut & get a job. :bgpimp:

markjs

Banned
No, I don't watch daytime TV at all. What I watch where I see this is re-runs of Star Trek shows that we record on the DVR. Talk and Court shows would drive me to insanity with a quickness.

markjs

Banned
I thought he was supposed to crank up some meth and party?

If this troll was funny it'd be one thing. The ONLY reason I acknowlege it at all is because I know it will try and erase its comment so it can keep attacking and not get caught.

markjs

Banned
This message is hidden because markjs is on your ignore list.

That ABSOFREAKINLUTELY makes my day! The fact that it can't handle even reading my messages makes me feel that I've won. But I know it will be back.

markjs

Banned
Back to the topic at hand I am beginning to think that people like James Sokolove ought to be stopped before everything costs so much in insurance that nobody can afford anything at all.

2minkey

bootlicker
deleted by admin(unc in specific) for going a bit too far.

I say, old boy... how about we share a fine cup of tea?

tonksy

Is it possible for you people to play nice at all? If you don't like each other it's no skin of my nose but do you think you could do the adult thing and just ignore each other?
Winky - don't make me get out my paddle.

markjs

Banned
I will ignore it, save for the fact that when it attacks I am going to quote it so it cannot bait and switch. It has done that several times before I put a stop to it's ability to do so by quoting it. It also thinks its clever and sends me PM's. I think it is obessessed with me in some way. Oh well I gess I should feel flattered that I rent so much space in it's head, for such low low rates!

unclehobart

I've junked the whole catty sidebar. Lets keep the acrimony to a minimum.

Mark, I had to junk your post as well even though it wasn't against the rules. It just cross-quoted and commented on the whole sad sidebar... so in order to prune the evil... I had to prune everything.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member

For as long as I remember, it has always been lawsuit mad. Unless you're feeling an increase in lawsuit madness, and perhaps you're right. Still, is like adding 1 to infinity.

unclehobart

wait, i thought i just make a joke about a giant buttplug...? that so bad?

AUP 4-7-1 and 2.

Its fairly discretionary. If it was a joke between known friends, in proper context, or just a slick little one-off... we let 99% of it go. The harness gets tightend when its an argument string twixt adversaries. Those types get slapped down fairly quick when we determine it to get out of hand. Frankly, we've been letting some stuff get through lately that we should have been cutting out. Attack the argument, not the person.