Is talking to your cat.....

I had to look that word up and I still don't understand.

so·lil·o·quize ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-ll-kwz)
intr. & tr.v. so·lil·o·quized, so·lil·o·quiz·ing, so·lil·o·quiz·es
To utter or put into the form of a soliloquy.

Toolbox™ said:
I had to look that word up and I still don't understand.
It means talking to yourself...or talking out loud. Something that Shakespearean actors do on stage, and bums do on the streets. :)

Cats respond non-verbally...you're actually trying to talk to someone(something) other than yourself, so I don't think that it's soliloquising.

I 'think out loud' often during my nightly walks...it's a great way of finding solutions to problems that you can't solve otherwise...and an almost perfect guarantee that you will continue walking alone ;)

I think it depends on whether you are telling it what a pretty cat it is (or to get the heck off that counter) or conducting a philosophical debate. :lol:

You notice that talking to your dog is never considered a one way conversation. Makes me wonder why anyone would want to be owned by a cat.

Professur said:
You notice that talking to your dog is never considered a one way conversation. Makes me wonder why anyone would want to be owned by a cat.
I don't consider a conversation with the cat to be one way either, but I'm not surprised when I get an indication that I could take this opportunity to f*ck off. :D

Back