Isn't Nature Wonderfull! (but is this art?)

Oz

After a bit of chit chat in the chatroom last night, it seems a few folks here dig on this sorta stuff........so I thought it only polite to post the link :) If ya got anymore of this stuff in yer favourites list......please add linkage!

Aurora, alaskan style

Rose

Oz said:
After a bit of chit chat in the chatroom last night, it seems a few folks here dig on this sorta stuff........so I thought it only polite to post the link :) If ya got anymore of this stuff in yer favourites list......please add linkage!

Aurora, alaskan style

Being in Oklahoma, we don't see the Northern Lights very much. In fact, I've never seen 'em here.

However, a dear friend of mine was going home from work late one evening and saw the sky start changing colors, so he pulled over in the town of Foyil to watch. It was a rare occurance of the Northern Lights far enough South to see them from northern Oklahoma. So, he's watching the northern lights with his friend, it's very late, and he calls his mom to tell her about it.

Imagine her surprise when she gets a call late at night from her son saying he's watching a Red Sky in Foyil with Elvis! *lmao* That was his friend's name. His mom just stayed really quiet on the phone for a couple minutes, then asked him not to tell anyone what he'd told her and just to come straight home.

:rofl4:

Uki Chick

Oz said:

Aurora, alaskan style

Those pics are absolutely gorgeous. I've never experienced seing something like that, but I wish I could.

sam_fisher

that is pretty rad! we don't see cool stuff like that in mississippi. the closest thing we get is somebody burning off a field. it does leave a nice red glow and a smokie look the sky..

sam.

Mirlyn

Rose said:
Being in Oklahoma, we don't see the Northern Lights very much. In fact, I've never seen 'em here.

Like Rose in Oklahoma, they don't make a regular appearance here in Kansas. However, whenever they're predicted I try I get out and look for them. Every once in awhile I see them but only in the paper, and its always a photograph from some farm 20 mins from where I was watching and an hour later than when I left. :mad: