ISO editor

Mirlyn

I need an ISO editor to edit or decompile cd images....most importantly, it must preserve the existing boot image(s). All the ones I have tried ignore/remove boot images (or they're crappy trial programs that don't let you do jack).

Any suggestions? :)

I've used IsoBuster, and Nero has an image editor included with their retail version. Not sure what either does to boot images though.

cdrtools for linux probably has what you're looking for, i know mkisofs lets you create image files, including bootable ones. unfortunately i don't have any experience doing this so i can't be of any more help than giving sage advice

tommyj27 said:
cdrtools for linux probably has what you're looking for, i know mkisofs lets you create image files, including bootable ones. unfortunately i don't have any experience doing this so i can't be of any more help than giving sage advice

I tried mounting them in loopback (read-only), but I have to move things around to add a script or two to a RO system. ;) In doing so, I lose the bootimage and mkisofs isn't liking me re-attaching the original boot image. (feel like I'm chasing my tail here)

I'll look up cdrtools....Nero is at home, I'll check that one out tonight. Is ISO editor a shareware thingy? I was using Magic ISO Maker (which looked awesome) but I have to pay to allow me to save images >300MB. Kinda pointless, especially if I don't know if its even going to attach the boot image until after I save a 300MB image and after I burn it, thus throwing the "paying" part into question of worthyness. ;)

HeXp£Øi± said:
Winiso is a godsend. Does it all.
WinISO looks like a pay-er too. :( All fine and dandy if I know its going to work. But right now I'm burning CDs (after I make the ISO) to see if the image gets attached (gone through about 15 cds so far with no luck). :(

Back