it "rained" 10cm of ice in Morelia (hail)

Originally posted by Luis G

Now the air is very cold, probly 10ºC

that is called summer. yesterday was 40 degrees Celcius in Toronto with the humidity. Very disturbing. I consider everything over 25 hell. To damn hot. I love temperatures between -5 and 10. :headbang:

we don't have very cold winds in summer.

cold winds are on autumn and winter.

spring and summer have hot winds

Come here to Chicago. Our summer at its worst:

Temperatures: Over 90F (32C)
Heat Index: Over 120F (48C)
Dewpoint: Over 80F (26C)

Ouch. Saunas aren't even this high in those categories. Add onto that a poor power company, it made several hundred people die in 1995 from the heat. That summer was absolute hell for me, our house had no air conditiong. We would have like 10 to 15 fans all over the house and we didn't even go upstairs it was so hot, so we slept in the dark, much cooler basement on the floor. We used to open the upstainrs windows at night to let the heat out, but it wasn't that effective since a couple of the nights didn't even get UNDER 90F! :eek:

I should go to Mexico in the middle of June to cool off. It actually makes sense.

hows the melt-down and clean-up going luis? nothing serious with the ambulances i hope

The house is fine (solid concrete :D ), however, i just saw the windows and the crystal is damaged, a couple of lines, on each one. fortunately they didn't break.

I would guess that the ambulances were out to help people that smashed their cars for not having breaks, you know, if the discs get wet you have no breaks, and other people that had hipotermia.

Justin: 10ºC was my approach, while the ice was falling it was really really cold.

i just read on the news:
The levels of ice raised up to 1.50m in some parts of the city, and some cars were completely covered and they had to take people out of their cars.

Many people that lived in non-concrete houses suffered severe damages to their property, other parts of the city were flooded.

I guess i'm lucky to live in a "risk-free" area of the city.

Back