It's about time

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Somebody on the left has my respect for his ability to stand up & speak the truth (too bad that respect is nullified by his position)

I DON'T SUPPORT our troops.....

But I'm not for the war. And being against the war and saying you support the troops is one of the wussiest positions the pacifists have ever taken — and they're wussy by definition. It's as if the one lesson they took away from Vietnam wasn't to avoid foreign conflicts with no pressing national interest but to remember to throw a parade afterward.

LA Times

At least we aren't drafting pussies like that to fill the ranks. I don't think the discipline and efficiency need to be reduced to the consistency of soft-serve ice cream.

1. I can assure you that it is possible to not be a pacifist and still be against a particular war.
2. I can further assure you that it is possible to fully support the American military and still be against a particular war.

I'd explain further, but it seems clear there would be no point. :shrug:

The guy that wrote this opinion piece is clearly incapable of understanding anything beyond the simplest of philosophical concepts though.

I can further assure you that is possible to
be allowed to wander about loose
and be a fricken commie and plead that you are not.

Winky said:
I can further assure you that is possible to
be allowed to wander about loose
and be a fricken commie and plead that you are not.
If you don't like it in America, leave. :p

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I've always held that the American Ideal, while noble, is destined to fail. When one person can declare himself against all it stands for, and still be protected by it ...... There's something very very wrong there.

And oddly enough, it's only the general goodness in the average american that's protected it so far.

I have a different take on that. It's anti-American to hold an anti-American stance on the way of life (e.g. anti democratic communism) when you have a job, tv, and a little pad of fat 'round the belly. Its when people start going hungry for reasons other than self-infliction that it does become American to hold such ideals. Extremism in the face of extremes is quite normal.

Back