It's been a busy day...

Aunty Em

I've just finished painting a small ocassional table that my neice is going to use as a bedside table.

After I collected my car from Brightlingsea this morning we took a single bed and an armchair over to her new flat and then went shopping for some second-hand furniture. She can have the sofa that goes with the arm-chair in about 6 weeks.

We got a nice wardrobe with some shelves and couple of small draws inside, a chest of draws, a small dining table and four chairs for £55 including delivery which is scheduled for next Saturday. They are old, but solid and with a good sanding and some new paint will look great when they're finished. The chairs have wooden seats, but I have a material remnant that will make a nice tablecloth and matching seat pads which will go with the green curtains and uplighter in the living room.

Now we just have to work on a small unit for her stereo, a coffee table, fridge, cooker and carpets. She has some shelves which need putting up and I have to fix the curtain tracks and put up the rest of the curtains next friday when we will give the whole flat a really good clean with my steamcleaner and a bit of elbow grease.

I reckon we'll have her fully moved in by the end of June. By then she'll be bringing all her artwork home from College so there should be plenty of paintings to hand and pottery to display. It's hard work, but I'm quite enjoying this. :)

Had a busy morning, days been quiet and rainy, like it so :). Had plans tonight but clars is tired having worked late, so tomorrow night.

Worked on my car for a bit this morning (put on a cold-air intake), then went looking for power strips that have a mounting flange outside the case, instead of the "slide-screw-hole" mounting on the backs that never works. Those are hard to find apparently. Stopped and got Quizno's on the way home and got my laundry going now before work at 5. Its been storming since about 3 this morning here.

Now I'm just relaxing before work. Got Neil Young - Castles Burning playing.

Justin, didn't you have the interview this morning? How'd that go? :)

Back