It's expensive to dump trash these days

Inkara1

Now that I'm done with the old apartment, I can focus on getting the new place cleaned up. I took a load of trash out to the dump today (the city trash can is tiny, the back neighbor uses it plenty and I'm the only one who seems to be capable of taking it out on trash night) and it cost me $20. Yes, $20 to dump some boxes, styrofoam, newspapers, an old shower rod, etc. That's the minimum charge, too.

Thats what Garage sales are for
boxes, styrofoam, newspapers, an old shower rod, etc.

You could have sold :storage containers,Craft/hobby goods,Insulating material,and an "beginners " strippers pole ,etc.... and made way more than twenty bucks {shakes head} *these younguns

The shower pole was busted and would no longer stay extended, which is why I replaced it. There aren't very many pygmies around here I could've sold it to as a stripper pole.

Inkara1 said:
The shower pole was busted and would no longer stay extended, which is why I replaced it. There aren't very many pygmies around here I could've sold it to as a stripper pole.

Tape it in the shortened stage and call it a 'training baton'...

No beanners definitely has two nn’s
don’t they have Jose’ ‘the illegal Alien’ Rodriguez’es
where you live in whitebread CA?

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Dude. You should have just run around to one or two unguarded apartment complex dumpsters and done small casual dropoffs. Even a busted shower rod would have been scooped up in 15 minutes flat.

Winky said:
No beanners definitely has two nn’s
don’t they have Jose’ ‘the illegal Alien’ Rodriguez’es
where you live in whitebread CA?
Beanners=Beh-ann-ers
Beaners=Bee-ners

I stand (sit?) corrected!

but still it really ain't beaners
unless its Fookin' beaners!

Fookin' beaners

I feel beeter already

Winky said:
of course the beanners show up and cart off
damn near everything before the trash dudes arrive.

Sure it's not college kids? My house is still furnished with mass-pickup day gems!

http://www.freecycle.org/

If there isn't a local group you can always start one.

I recently got a great whirlpool foot spa from my local group. I intend to offer some things later in the year when i've sorted things out here.

Twice a year, May and August (when student leases expire) the city will pick up large items for free. Durring the rest of the year it takes two trash stickers, $4. A sticker is normally good for a 32 gallon trash bag. Recycling is free.

Back