it's fricken' freezing!

kuulani

omg! weather reports say that the temperature on Mauna Kea is -15º F. the temperature down here at the beach is 60ºF. how do people function in this type of cold?

;)

I'm dumb whats that in degrees C?

Climate control thats how ^^
Seriously though thats kinda chilly for Hawaii isnt it?

kuulani said:
omg! weather reports say that the temperature on Mauna Kea is -15º F. the temperature down here at the beach is 60ºF. how do people function in this type of cold?

;)

Easily.

kuulani said:

;)

C'mon up here next year in February...we had us a week of -51F below weather for a while. Great hockey weather, but sometimes the ice os too brittle for it. :shrug:

It's nice now though...can't be colder than ... umh... +38F now...and Sunny.

kuulani said:
. the temperature down here at the beach is 60ºF. how do people function in this type of cold?

;)

It's not so bad these days.....with the invention of double glazing and central heating systems.....but pre-1980's most brits were concieved while their [futrure] parents were fully clothed! :eek:

kuulani said:
that's why my body can't take this cold. *wishes i could just go back to bed* :D

Manchester hot...Hawaii in general cold...

what is the world coming too :eek6:

kuulani said:

;)

:lol: and I wonder how people function in the heat.... I get uncomfortable at 75, unhappy at 80, and utterly miserable at 90...

highs 70-72 today, a drop from our 80's weather but it'll work for me..... :swing: OH, and the sun is a shinin'.... :D

The coldest it was when I was out there was probably 62 in Waimea on Christmas morn. The 100% persistent humidity makes for some rather bone chilly feelings... and I consider 62 to be downright warm at home.

Back