its gonna snow

Dave

looks like we are in for our first major snow storm for the season. expecting up to 10" of the stuff. we haven't had any major winter storms in a couple of years now. i imagine the stores are just about out of canned goods and bottled water. i have never understood that hoarding instinct. its not like the roads will be unpassable till the spring or even friday for that matter.
the worst part is i'm working all day. wont get a chance to find an empty parking lot and brush up on my winter driving skills. ;)

this winter is going to be very cold, tonight it was -3ºC, the other day was -5ºC, that's wayyyyyyy too cold for Mexico.

It was supposed to snow here in Missouri today, but then we ended up not getting any. :grumpy:

i'm in massachusettes, just south of boston.
seeing as its new england, i'll believe the forcast when i see it. :)

-5c in mexico? i think that is the temp outside now. its about time to be breaking out the sweaters. y'all must be down right froze.

:D

It has never snowed in Morelia.
Spot: we are not used to have temps of -5ºC on winters, and the coldest part is yet to come.

whats the average temp in the winter Luis?

this may sound like a completely stupid question but what do you do when it gets really cold down your way? i'm guessing oil or gas furnaces aren't a big item in mexico.

i typed morelia in at mapquest and got 4 locations. which part of mexico are you in?

sir spot, mapquest blows donkeys. Use mapblast http://www.mapblast.com/myblastd/
mapquest only does ther US and Canada. Mapblast does pretty much everything.

it is Morelia, Michoacan de Ocampo, MX
we are "in the center"

For the cold, electric heaters are common, not that common thou, since temperatures usually don't go below 3ºC or 4ºC in winters, i think this is going to be the coldest winter ever.

Attachment(s):

morelia.jpg, 23.24kb

88_1038355274.jpg

The site unc posted seems accurate, although the population is a bit old, now we are around 900,000 - 1 million

And there's also this thread

i want snow too ... it snowed last january. that was fun! going up the mountain and hauling a truckload of snow down to the beach to build our snowman before jumping in the ocean :headbang:

We've had about 12 inches a week ago. Its all melted now though. We've had some intermittend snow some nights, but nothing major yet. Today was -2 in Toronto (30 F)... Tomorrow's high is -3. Here is tonight... (Man it must suck to be in Iqaluit now...)

Attachment(s):

canada_p2.jpg, 52.21kb

277_1038365055.jpg

From Des Moines to Princeton IL there was little or none. From Princeton to Warsaw IN, it snowed but didn't mean much ('cept for those fools in the Windy were panicked) From Warsaw to Fort Wayne, the roads were ok (I did have 44,000 lbs on) but the bridges were greasy. I'd rather have a bunch o' snow & get past the icy roads crap.

Hehe at least we're not as bad as Vancouver where they all run around panicing when they see 1" of snow on the ground... "Gee man! Is this a snow day or what?"

Last Legionary said:
Hehe at least we're not as bad as Vancouver where they all run around panicing when they see 1" of snow on the ground... "Gee man! Is this a snow day or what?"

<<<---Hehem

At least we don't call in the National guard when it snows ,like Toronto's mayor did several years back ;)

still predicting our area to get dumped on overnight and into the morning. i just hope it gets cold enough so the snow isn't that wet, heavy stuff.
maybe if i'm lucky, the town will forget to plow our street again.

Back