its gonna snow

i try to not shovel till i hear the truck coming up the hill. most of them wont plow me in if i'm outside glaring at them. :D

There's very little snow here, it's barely sticking to the grass and it's supposed to stop by early afternoon. We saw one day of snow last year and that was it. It's just funny to see it now, after so long.

well, i got my wish. about 3" on the ground when i woke up. still coming down at a good clip so we'll probably get more by the time i get home from work at 2330. i think we need a broken back smilie. :)

Poor Spot!! We don't have a broken back smiley but we do have this: :crying4:

My old landlord had a snowblower and lived upstairs from me so he always kept the walkway and the driveway clear with minimal effort. I don't have that luxury this time but I do get to park in the driveway. I think this year though that I'll park in the street when I know it's going to snow. We don't even have a shovel at this point and I'm using a spatula for a window scraper. :D

Everything grinds to a halt over here if we get a few flakes of snow - it's pathetic! I remember winters being much worse when I was a kid but these days you're lucky if you get time to build a half decent snowman before it melts. And you can forget the sledging it just doesn't happen. What I'd give for a good snowball fight. *sigh* :(

Aunty Em said:
Everything grinds to a halt over here if we get a few flakes of snow - it's pathetic! I remember winters being much worse when I was a kid but these days you're lucky if you get time to build a half decent snowman before it melts. And you can forget the sledging it just doesn't happen. What I'd give for a good snowball fight. *sigh* :(
:p Hehe, I think. The Gulf Stream is what keeps your weather o hot... :)

I'm using a spatula for a window scraper

roflmao.
i've used credit cards before.

not as bad a night at work as i thought it would be. only a few slip and falls. dont remember any car accidents coming in. that alone should qualify as a miracle.

Spot said:
I'm using a spatula for a window scraper

roflmao.
i've used credit cards before.

not as bad a night at work as i thought it would be. only a few slip and falls. dont remember any car accidents coming in. that alone should qualify as a miracle.
Thats bad for the magnet strip. Better to use your license in a pinch. Its usually made out of something sturdier anyway.

I sat in a little supermarket down the block from my house for what seemed like 10 minutes because this guy had a credit card who's magentic strip was toast. The girl didn't know how to enter the numbers in instead. :rolleyes:

What finally worked was putting a plastic bag around the credit card, smoothing it out and then swiping it through the machine. Why that worked, I have no idea.

Back