It's me again Margaret

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Yet another trip to the hospital this weekend. Kind of the same stuff, but different this time.

A decision has to be made soon. I can keep doing what I'm doing as long as I can stand it (which ain't gonna be much longer), or I can pursue two surgical options. One may not work, and won't fix the problem for good anyway, but would buy me some time for the bigger one. Then there's the big surgery. My doc keeps telling me not to undergo it unless I am sure it's worth what the recuperation will require of me. 6-8 weeks, otherworldy pain, and possible complications afterward. But it should solve the problem.

Lottsa heavy thoughts around here. I'm about out of my mind with the daily pain, and the side effects the pain meds cause. But we should be moving to the new place soon, and I don't want to put all that work on my family while I recuperate. The surgery would be in a bigger city, possibly Vanderbilt, maybe Duke, maybe Asheville or Knoxville. So I don't want to spoil everyone's holidays by scheduling it then.

I'm leaning toward seeing some surgeons for consultations, and then setting it for mid-February or so if I do it at all. That means another six months of this pain, but it works out better for everyone else if I do it that way.

So check your medicine cabinets, and if you run across any good pain pills send 'em my way willya?

I wish you the best but I gotta wonder why you are running yourself down with this pain if you could have the big surgery, recuperate, and then move on. I know you don't want to be a burden to others but when are you going to think about taking care of yourself?
*just wishes you were well.

good luck.

why not save yourself the long term suffering, it sounds like you NEED the big operation anyway, maybe it's time just to do it.

*checks medicine cabinate*

All I got is advil, and some aftershave.

One reason:

I'll have a mortgage soon. Hence, I need my income. Right now I don't have enough time to take 6-8 weeks and get paid for the whole time.

I will be eligible for the "sick leave bank" in November. I have to wait so many days before I can draw from it. Waiting until then keeps the bills paid.

Tell me you took the insurance (life and disability) for the mortgage ...

Oddly enough, my mailbox is empty.

Ain't signed it yet.

Some good news for a change though. I just got my Year 3 cancer scan results. No trace. 99.9% of melanoma that comes back does so within the first two years, three tops. Looks like I may have this stuff beat at least.

That's good news at least.

It's me again, Margaret. Hello? Is this Margaret? I know it's you, Margaret! Are ya nekkid?

SouthernN'Proud said:
Ain't signed it yet.

Some good news for a change though. I just got my Year 3 cancer scan results. No trace. 99.9% of melanoma that comes back does so within the first two years, three tops. Looks like I may have this stuff beat at least.

About fucking time too. Took ya long enough.

SnP, you have to do what is right for you and the family regarding the surgery. Sending you healthy thoughts until you can get the surgery done.

Congrats on the 3 year cancer scan!! WOOHOO!

you can always work through the pain. i remember watching my mom... fuck... about 3-4 dozen (at a certain point you lose count) surgical procedures later she's mostly stable. if it'll keep you there for yer family and all, do the full gonzo treatment when you can practically swing it. best of luck.

Professur said:
About fucking time too. Took ya long enough.

I fail to see how I could have gotten a three-year scan done much sooner than about three years...unless I convert it to metric maybe...lesse...multiply by 5/9, and add 32, factor by the square root of pi, drop the 0, and carry the 7...

SouthernN'Proud said:
I fail to see how I could have gotten a three-year scan done much sooner than about three years...unless I convert it to metric maybe...lesse...multiply by 5/9, and add 32, factor by the square root of pi, drop the 0, and carry the 7...

Easy there, Dr. Phil. We didn't all make it though community college, y'know.

Good luck with the pain...looks like you're not having a lot of choices as to when the operation will happen. Money issues suck.

Re: The melanoma..excellent news!

Back