It's time for that guessing game again...

Abusing my powers as admin, I have traced the IP.

I know where you are... neer, neer, neer!

Give or take 20 miles.

Perhaps he's hanging out by the pool at the Raffles, sucking back cool mojitos and leering (in a moderately creepy way) at all the pretty young women in bikinis. Oh sorry, that's my fantasy...

Ah, yes. The frantic drives from Walker County and Sam Houston State University across the Trinity River into Trinity County for a beer.

ROTFL

But the liquor stores were like massive neon-lit meccas with kindly staff to assist you and carry your purchases to the car...and place them in the trunk. Always in the trunk.

1 - It's not only Admins who can do that Unc...Mods can too and I'm off to cheat right now :D

2 - Tonks, could you get in trouble if you got caught driving through a dry county with beer in the car? Or are they only dry in the sense that you can't buy there...posessing it in your car and drinking it at home are ok?

1 - It's not only Admins who can do that Unc...Mods can too and I'm off to cheat right now :D

2 - Tonks, could you get in trouble if you got caught driving through a dry county with beer in the car? Or are they only dry in the sense that you can't buy there...posessing it in your car and drinking it at home are ok?

You could have it in your trunk or in the bed of your trunk in a closed container. It was legal to have it in your home.
The county I lived in, Smith, was dry but you could buy alcohol in restaurants. You had to buy a individual liquor license though. The license was only a dollar and you could buy it anywhere that served alcohol. You had to present it with your ID. If you did not remember it you could always buy another - in fact, I believe they counted on you forgetting it so they could get extra revenue.

I recall not so fondly...we had a show in Atlanta. It went well. The next night we had to be back in Florida for a show. OF course, we all got drunk after show. I got real drunk. The next morning (well, early afternoon) we were all hungover & heading south. Hair of the dog would have cured a thousand pangs so we stop to grab a 6 pack. For the first time in my life, I heard that "this county is dry". I had no idea what it meant.

I cried all the way to Florida.

California does not have dry counties... in fact, you can buy booze at the local supermarket and at drug stores.

But, you can't have an open container in the car, and California was a fairly early adopter of the lowering of the blood alcohol limit to .08.

Back