I've had more than enough of these twits

catocom

the House better be real busy starting to limit these orgs power in the new session.
EPA, FDA, FCC, ...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
the White House can pursue its goals without depending on help from an increasingly combative Congress

We don't need no stinking Constitution

ResearchMonkey

I bet this makes Hugo proud to be friends with our pResident.

Seems I read the 112th is to open with a complete reading of COTUS. I hope Issa keeps to his word. The new congress needs focus on the 3R's: Reduce, Repeal, Reveal.

Altron

What happened to checks and balances?

Executive branch has far more power than ever originally intended.

Altron

Both parties are just intent on pushing their broad agendae. If there are going to be new restrictions that will likely increase energy costs, that's something that needs to be voted upon by the elected representatives of the people.

This is elementary school social studies here. Congress makes laws, SCOTUS can interpret and overturn unjust laws, and POTUS enforces laws.

He wants stricter regulation? Fine, ask the Senate to write a law for it, and once they approve it, he approves it into law. Can't just cut out the middleman, even if they disagree with you.

Professur

What happened to checks and balances?

Executive branch has far more power than ever originally intended.

What happened was several layers deep. Bankers and politicians took the place of statesmen in congress. They pursued the political equivalent of the cola wars ... ensuring that every dollar worth of advertising boosted their two parties to the detriment of all others. Then the monetary standards were abolished. Then a state of emergency granting extraordinary powers to the president was enacted and has been in place for nearly the last 100 years without the general public knowing about it. Those beloved 'executive orders' are wartime only powers for the prez.... pretty much martial law powers. Of course .... since the gov't now controls the public schools ... they ensure that the bulk of the population never learns the truth.

Basically your political structure has been waging a rather successful war against your population and you've been totally oblivious to the fact.

2minkey

bootlicker
Basically your political structure has been waging a rather successful war against your population and you've been totally oblivious to the fact.

well, it's good that someone out there isn't totally oblivious. maybe someday us kids will learn! :sleep:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
That's cause you think you professors have your best interest at heart