JAWS

kuulani

What do you think of this pic halamikage & I took. :D

We would've crapped our pants if we saw this in the ocean, fortunately we were at the Maui Ocean Center.

Attachment(s):

mano.jpg, 29.46kb

50_1038359078.jpg

sharks are cool, and if you ever get yourself into a situation where you are in the sea and the shark swims towards you, then just keep as still as possible...if you start swimming or if you panic, he'll notice you.
otherwise there is a small chance you'll keep unnoticed :headbang:

don't sue me if you DO get eaten though :D

Spot said:
what type of shark is that?
looks like a tiger or mako.

It's just a black-tip reef shark. Of course, we don't know how big it actually is. If it's smaller than 5 feet, then I wouldn't worry. ;)

Unless you create a "feeding frenzy", most sharks are quite passive. In 1972, when I was getting my scuba certification, there were NO documented cases of the gret white attacking humans. Then "Jaws" came out and turned them into the ONLY shark that attacks humans. We're a strange bunch, we humans...

i've caught dog sharks before while fishing for cod. suckers put up a hell of a fight and they aren't all that big. it was a little dicy getting them off the hook. all those sharp pointy teeth...

Spot said:
i've caught dog sharks before while fishing for cod. suckers put up a hell of a fight and they aren't all that big. it was a little dicy getting them off the hook. all those sharp pointy teeth...

Yep we catch them here too ,nothing more fun then having someone whose neverbeen saltwater fishing before onboard and yelling Shark when they're reeling it in :D

Spot said:

*LOVES COD SO MUCH* *DROOLS AT THE THOUGHT*

sorry for the caps... :D

great pic ku and halamikage! i wouldnt have crapped myself as id faint or if i didnt id be scared shitless(no pun intended). again great pic though!

Back