Jeez, you people refresh a lot...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
dberror.png

Yeah, cause the damn server tags all your emails as spam. Maybe you should take out the part in your .sig file with the referral to buy a guaranteed 2-3x penis size increase. I'm sure it helps that it's in huge bold red letters too. :D

[tiny=1]You must've took it backwards, eh?[/tiny]

I always get an answer from fury right away...even more impressive now knowing he'd sorted through 500 or so odd mails to see mine! :D

fury said:
Yeah, cause the damn server tags all your emails as spam. Maybe you should take out the part in your .sig file with the referral to buy a guaranteed 2-3x penis size increase. I'm sure it helps that it's in huge bold red letters too. :D

But If I send it to 30 people an hour, it's guaranteed to work!!!!!

PuterTutor said:
fury said:

But If I send it to 30 people an hour, it's guaranteed to work!!!!!
It doesn't count if it's the same person 30 times! :p

damn fury that sucks! sorry. people lets try not to refresh too much on here ok. 532 unread ones. and i thought its bad when i get 60. damn again

OOPS!!!!!

Sorry baby... I was in the who's online yesterday and was bored and refreshed...

*gasp*

still love me? :(

I get one of these emails every time anyone encounters a database error page. Every one of them so far has been due to the maximum mysql connection limit being reached, so it happens often during peak times, and/or when one or more people are rapidly going through pages or hitting refresh to check for new posts. Then the DB error page goes and says to hit refresh, usually leading them to another DB error page, which they refresh immediately. The cycle keeps happening like that for around 2-3 minutes, multiply that by 10-15 people actively visiting and you see where it's easy to fill up the Flurffmeister™'s mailbox ;)

Anyways, it's not so big of a deal to refresh to check for new posts that I'm going to ban you for doing it, but doing it more than once a minute or so seems a bit overboard to me. My advice when you get a DB error page is to just wait 2 minutes before refreshing - usually by that time the error will go away.

We could always switch to a semi-dedicated server which will make these problems go away for good but I don't see that happening until I get a steady income (these things are expensive, upwards of $80-100 a month for a reliable setup, with a $100-200 setup fee)

fury said:
532's just the ones i haven't opened yet...

You're not actually going to read each one right? Those all have to say pretty much the same thing.

I just had to sift through a businessaccount that had over 9000 unread emails a couple weeks ago. I used some spam eating software to hone it down to 1000 before I started reading them. Then I realised that one of the settings I used just deleted most of the pertinent emails.

Back