Jewelry. Again.

Luis G said:
the definition is very complex, but the part that fits you is that of the person that needs material stuff to show what he/she is or what he/she tries to be.
That is NOT why I want to wear something. Its for my personal enjoyment, not for other people. ;)

Scanty said:
that's a little harsh, Luis ;) I'm sure he's materialistic to much the same extent that we all are.
:rolleyes: He is being an ass. The discussion isn't about being materialistic or not. And no, I'm not wearing it for others to see. I'm trying to get something for my 20th birthday so I can associate memories with it. Its the way I do things. The watch, the necklace, the other things... they all have memories attached, and now it is time for a ring or a bracelet. :)

Luis G said:
Last Legionary said:
I want something that isn't ordinary. Something odd. Something a teen would wear with an outgoing personality, but definitely not something average

i'm not judging wheter that is good or bad, but that's what nacos say.

you know, like those drug lords that likes to wear heavy gold necklaces, gold watches, gold teeth......gold........gold........like if they needed gold to show how much they have, in order to impress people with all their money and power.
First off, wearing something that fits with your personality is DIFFERENT than wearing something that will follow your personality. I'm NOT going to wear 50 pounds of gold. In fact, I'm looking for something that ain't visible. The same reason I'm wearing my necklace under my shirt... I don't really want people so see it. You just don't get the reason, and I'm not here to defend my reasons, just to ASK FOR ADVICE OR WEBSITE DAMMIT.

I'm getting a little frustrated. :(

I clearly stated I was not judging your reasons.

as for the advice, i alredy said i don't know, i'm not fond of jewerly, i might have suggested you a watch, but you already have one.

Luis G said:
I clearly stated I was not judging your reasons.

as for the advice, i alredy said i don't know, i'm not fond of jewerly, i might have suggested you a watch, but you already have one.
Thanks. But I don't have money for a watch right now ;)

Last Legionary said:
Note that I'm not saying you find material things important, btw. It's just that lots of people try to define themselves by the things they put on display. This is just my advice. :)
:shrug: I find material things important to me personally. I don't really care if others see it or now, which is why I wear my necklace under my shirt. But when I'm alone, I like touching it and remembering the memories associated with it.
In fact you always cleary showed that material things are important to you more than to other people. While I don't agree with this option in my life I see nothing wrong with your personal choices. I just found it funny Scanty's politically correct effort of not accusing you of something you have never tried to hide(on the contrary) :)

Can we please get back to the topic at hand instead of discussion ethics of wearing jewelry or me being a con artist?

I saw something on a movie once. It was a ring with a piece of meteor fragment in it.
That's the coolest ring I could ever ask for. Oh, yeah it was from 'Heartbreakers' the film.
They said: 'Something that's been to the far corners of the universe and back. That's way better than any diamond.'

So so true. Get something like that. :)

Serious suggestion - a celtic band or knot looks good on guys or gals.

Attachment(s):

p2481.jpg, 18.48kb

246_1038181297.jpg

Ah yes thanks Auntie... In fact, I was looking at this today: I'm giving it consideration, but I have by far not looked at enough designs... :)

H30039_400.jpg

Nice - runic alphabet. :)

From left to right(name & traditional meaning):

Dagaz - prosperity/fruitfulness
Perth - initiation/secret matter
Sowelu - wholeness
Mannaz - Man, mankind
Gebo - partnership
Uruz - strength
Alguz - protection

The band is actually my wedding ring.

wow....2 rings I might actually wear.
(not big on jewerly)

i'm guessing one wouldn't find them in the local department stores jewerly section.

Spot said:
wow....2 rings I might actually wear.
(not big on jewerly)

i'm guessing one wouldn't find them in the local department stores jewerly section.

I bought mine from a small jewellers (Tiny's - that's the guy who made them) in Lion walk here in Colchester about 10 years ago - he sold lots of Navajo jewelry as well amongst other things. I don't even know if he's still there. But I have seen celtic bands elsewhere. The pinky ring was a present from my ex.

Try these links:

http://www.flockharts.com/pages/s6027-gent.htm - beautiful and not expensive

http://www.darisjewelry.com/Bands.htm

http://furthers.com/twotonerings1.htm

http://www.jurbanrings.com/jewel.html - canadian

http://www.sheilafleet-jewellery.com/collections.html

Last Legionary said:
Luis G said:
you would be categorized as a naco in here :D
What does that mean?

Oh and if you guys are just going to give criticism and tell me I'm materialistic, fugger off. I'm only asking for suggestions, not a fucking judgment tribunal.

Geez, LL...Why so salty? If you want to be a materialistic nutbag, then be a materialistic nutbag. No need to get so defensive...:D

Back