John Edwards = Bill Clinton only more stupid?

Babydaddy or not---the fact that he'd screw around on his ill wife and lecture the American public about family morals while campaigning for president speaks to his character....

Babydaddy or not---the fact that he'd screw around on his ill wife and lecture the American public about family morals while campaigning for president speaks to his character....

Hypocrites? In politics? Come on!

John McCain (affair, divorce), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (affair, divorce, affair, divorce), and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (divorce, affair, nasty divorce).

All were candidates or possible candidates. What about their character?

Wait, that's right. Those double standards again.

I could care less what they do in their personal lives. As long as they don't screw up their jobs.

The National Inquirer!!!! Those rotten lying bastards!

Oh, wait. It turns out the story is true.

Edwards admits that he was screwing this broad; but he denies he's the father of the bastard. That said, the BEST that can be said of this is this:

He was screwing this broad at the same time she was apparently having unprotected sex with at least one other man. Can you spell w-h-o-r-e?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,400481,00.html

John Edwards Admits to Affair, Denies He's Father of Lover's Child
Friday, August 08, 2008

Former presidential hopeful John Edwards admitted to an affair Friday with his former videographer, Rielle Hunter, though he firmly denied tabloid reports that he is the father of her child.

Edwards released a statement late in the day saying he made a "serious error in judgment," after telling ABC News' Nightline in an interview scheduled to be broadcast Friday night that he repeatedly lied about the affair during his failed presidential campaign.

"I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs," Edwards said in his statement. "I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public.

"In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up — feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself," he said.

[more]
About the "I have sinned against you." admission. (video)

The leadup to the story (video)

John McCain (affair, divorce), former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (affair, divorce, affair, divorce), and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani (divorce, affair, nasty divorce).

All were candidates or possible candidates.

Why don't you use Slick Willie as a point of historical comparison? I'm sure he's so proud.

What about their character?

Did the contenders you spoke of publicly and repeatedly lie about an affair? Did they make statements about how much they loved their wives? Perhaps spawn a child out of wedlock? :shrug:

Edwards admitted to conducting this romance while he was a candidate for President. Private actions are a risk factor to consider in any realm.
Since it has been proven his own wife couldn't trust him, why should the American people---total strangers--- feel they could place their confidence in his character?

"I've been in love with the same woman for 30-plus years," Edwards added, about his wife Elizabeth, who is suffering from incurable cancer, "and as anybody who's been around us knows, she's an extraordinary human being, warm, loving, beautiful, sexy and as good a person as I have ever known. So the story's just false."

I could care less what they do in their personal lives. As long as they don't screw up their jobs.

There's no divide between public and private. If a person can't exercise self control their in private life, there's a good chance they'll have problems in their public life as well.

As a contender for President and possibly VP, Edwards had an obligation to operate within public conventions and morals. Offensive behavior weakens the reputation of the employer. :shrug:

Why don't you use Slick Willie as a point of historical comparison? I'm sure he's so proud.

Because he wasn't a candidate or possible candidate this election.

Did the contenders you spoke of publicly and repeatedly lie about an affair?

Yes, i believe a couple of them did.

Private actions are a risk factor to consider in any realm.
Since it has been proven his own wife couldn't trust him, why should the American people---total strangers--- feel they could place their confidence in his character?

So you have giant issue with someone lying about their personal life but continue to ignore the current presidents repeated lies in the course of his job. Weird.

There's no divide between public and private. If a person can't exercise self control their in private life, there's a good chance they'll have problems in their public life as well.

Nope, actually what people do on their own time is their business. Doesn't really have anything to do with their job.

As a contender for President and possibly VP, Edwards had an obligation to operate within public conventions and morals.

Where is that rule located? I believe you just made it up.

Because he wasn't a candidate or possible candidate this election.

He most certainly was. He dropped out in Jan '08

Nope, actually what people do on their own time is their business. Doesn't really have anything to do with their job.

If you work at Lowes, that's probably true. If you are the (or wanting to be the) head of The United States of America, it is our business.

Then why call her a whore?

Did you miss the part where she must have been screwing multiple men if Edwards is not the father of the bastard child. The minimum number of men she HAS to have been concurrently screwing, counting Edwards, is two.

If Edwards is not the father that leaves

• some other man or
  • immaculate conception.
Some other man gets my vote.

Did you miss the part where she must have been screwing multiple men if Edwards is not the father of the bastard child. The minimum number of men she HAS to have been concurrently screwing, counting Edwards, is two.

That would have nothing to do with being a whore.

If Edwards is not the father that leaves

• some other man or
  • immaculate conception.
Some other man gets my vote.

Or he is lying. Shock!

Back