Jury duty

Professur said:
If you work for yourself, then what?

Scott just got a jury duty notice and I was wondering the same thing! He has his own business and they wouldn't pay him enough to keep it running if he had to go.Its only him working it. What can he do???????????

Mare said:
Scott just got a jury duty notice and I was wondering the same thing! He has his own business and they wouldn't pay him enough to keep it running if he had to go.Its only him working it. What can he do???????????

More than likely he has to show up and then they'll give them a chance to explain why they think they should be excempt (for people who think they should) and they can present their reasons. I think having ones own business with no other employees which wouldn't beable to stay open while serving jury duty is usually a good reason.

attachment.php

I love that pic, it's still my desktop background.
We are actually hoping that he gets picked for a trial today that ends quickly so that we can all go to the Kindergarten new parents/students meet and greet as a family, it's on thursday. We also wanted to take the kids out for one last outing to the zoo or aquarium before they go back to school on monday.

Mare said:

Isn't there something on the paperwork about inability to serve because it would be a hardship i.e. sole caregiver,sole income etc.....

tonksy said:
I love that pic, it's still my desktop background.
We are actually hoping that he gets picked for a trial today that ends quickly so that we can all go to the Kindergarten new parents/students meet and greet as a family, it's on thursday. We also wanted to take the kids out for one last outing to the zoo or aquarium before they go back to school on monday.
Jesus, it's still early August. What are the kids going back to school already for????

Back on topic, for my last Jury Duty, I brought my portable DVD player and watched episodes of M*A*S*H the whole time. I was the only one there with a smile on my face!

Back