jury duty

I got summoned but my group didn't have to go. That was in Paso Robles, though; I haven't heard anything from Fresno County yet.

I should probably shut up now so I don't jinx myself. :crap:

I'm just wondering if anyone can top me. I'm going on 16 years as a registered voter... and nary a whisper of jury duty.

Also, I've been driving for 18 years and have never so much as seen a police roadblock/DUI sobriety checkpoint/insurance check... bla bla.

negative... the only brush that I've ever had with the system is a voluntary fingerprinting for the locals, state, and feds as a background check for a firearms carry permit. I'm a good little boy.

This is my first jury duty call ... I've been through a few roadblocks/DUI checkpoints/airport security checkpoints ... and even been handcuffed and arrested.

I win. :D

I thought that was OUR little secret... :brow:

Have you ever been handcuffed and arrested by police, though? :D

kuulani said:
This is my first jury duty call ... I've been through a few roadblocks/DUI checkpoints/airport security checkpoints ... and even been handcuffed and arrested.

I win. :D
Are you speaking of airport security in general or some kind of special pullaside to a secret debriefing room because something 'suspicious' turned up? Everyone who flies goes through the basics simple security protocol... the same way you get the drug dogs and the third degree half the time you cross an international border. Were pretty much talking about strictly irregular stuff here.

Never been called but I would certainly do it. With all the bullshit lawsuits going on these days, it would be my pleasure to do my part to put these people in their place. :D

And if I don't get called, I just bring a good book with me and enjoy my time off while I get paid.

*vouches for ku'u*

yep - the girl was arrested and handcuffed by the police ... the day before she threw me my 7th Anniversary Party (which we conveniently forgot to tell my husband about) :D

Alright, spill it ladies. What did she do? Public nuisance? Running through the street naked? Assault and battery? Lewd behavior??

No, it was actually something very stupid, that I'm ashamed I ever did - my friend was driving home from the bar, drunk off her ass, and I had an open vessel with me. Thank god we got arrested and didn't hurt anyone.

Then to make matters worse, we had a raging party the next night at my house (the one nalani thinks was for her anniversary ;) ) and the same cop that arrested me drove up to break up the party.

I learned my lesson though. No more drunk driving for me and for anyone I'm with.

...but I did run through the streets naked in high school - stupid truth or dare game - glad no one caught me for that one :brow:

ooh, and I did skinny dip at a private beach. i strongly recommend everyone to try that at least once in your life. :D

Back